bad valve cover gasket cause a studder in accel.?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

get_nick

These snozzberries taste like snozzberries...
VIP
Ok, so the old eg has 180k on it and I know the valve cover/plug seals need replaced. I have a lot of oil two of the plugs and wires. would this cause a vacuum leak and lead to a studder when I try to accelerate?

I guess i shouldn't have said "vacuum leak". what i meant to say was a leak in the head causing the problem.

reckedracing said:
i would imagine this would have an effect on your motor...

but is it the oil itself causing the problem, the leak that causes a loss of pressure or a combination of the two?

hmmm... you don't really understand motor do you?
the only pressure in the valve cover would be fromo the rotation of the motor, specifically the air thats displaced in side the crank case as the piston comes down... your PVC valve is meant to recirc this air back into your intake

so basically no, the "loss of pressure" is not affecting your motor
its the oil on whats should be clean electrical connections ie: your wires and plugs...

reckedracing said:
hmmm... you don't really understand motor do you?
the only pressure in the valve cover would be fromo the rotation of the motor, specifically the air thats displaced in side the crank case as the piston comes down... your PVC valve is meant to recirc this air back into your intake

so basically no, the "loss of pressure" is not affecting your motor
its the oil on whats should be clean electrical connections ie: your wires and plugs...

you are right. i don't understand completely. I didn't know if the gasket holds pressure and if a leak would cause a problem. i'm hoping that it's an oil problem. i've already changed the plugs/new dizzy/wires/cap/rotor/fuel filter. still stutters.

Back