Bad Valve Seals?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

94tuner

I have a 92 cx hatchback with a jdm 1.5. The car is smoking REALLY bad when i get on it from about 3k to redline. Kinda a grayish black smoke. Ive heard several reasons why this is happening...valve seals, head gasket, piston rings. It is also using a little bit of oil. Any ideas where i should start or anyway to determine what needs to be replace without removing anything?

Oil is going to be more of a blue tint smoke, to where greyish black is un burnt fuel.
May also be a combo of both. You may be burning extra rich. What is your fuel mileage at?

Im going to do a compression test soon. The gas mileage is still really good around 35+. Check the plugs no discolor of any kind. Could my exhaust be involved with this the previous owner put 3" pipe w/o cat to a 4.5" skunk2 muffler?

how many miles on the engine
could be valve seals for grayish, for black- fuel mixture is to reach
try to put some premium fuel in it and BG 44K or other injector cleaner maybe even put some gasdry in it and try like 20w50 or 15w40 oil that may help too

Back