bad vib, need some ideas plzzzz,,,,

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dinoz_fed

my car is civic 95 eg8, (jdm). previous engine d15b twin cab AT trans, now i swap into b16a AT trans from eg6 halfcut (jdm). the prob is, there's bad vib when car on the 1st gear (d4) not moving yet. the vib gone when the car full away.. its happen again when stopping.i did check the eng mounts only front mount is not so well condition (left and right) changed. i also did change both of lower arm bushing suspension. and one more i changed is the whole driveshafts (used one). but the probs is still there! any suggestion guys? plzzz

its less vib when gear is free (position N or P) idle rpm is good 850 either AC on or off. hmm.. its make my head dizzy to solve tis prob, rite now i plan to change the others mounting, (rear mounting, trans mounting and eng side mount) even the mount is looks fine. for ur info, only the trans mount i did a minor adjustment because it different from eg6 chasis. do u think that adjustement raise up tis vib prob? or wrong sequence installing that 4 eng mounts.

Sequence shouldn't matter. You shouldn't have to replace mounts unless they are bad.

Are you sure that the engine if firing on all cylinders. Check by starting it cold and feeling the header/manifold. The tubes to the corresponding cylinders should get warm fast if it's firing.

i'm pretty sure all my unit is firing, i did check all the exhaust manifold as u said mr kermit... i'm really hope thats is not the teng prob. one quest here, about my rear mount.(the bracket). it seems like "play" too much, when its on 1st gear (D). is it normal for AT trans? or maybe some bolt is loose? the word "play" means its like a , when u put gear on (P) or (N) then change to (D) thats the time the bracket is moving.. hope u guys can understand my simple english here..

sound like a lose mounting bolt or bad mount bushing and possibly a to low idle in gear causing the idle to stumble when in drive .tighten all mounting bolts to factory torque specs .

thanks for all ur opinions guys... really appreciate tats...unfortunately i hav no time to fix my car again. got to "sign on" onboard ship tommorow... big engine waiting for me... MAN B&W sayonara..

Back