bad vibrations/ Axels ?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

burninriceinva

I have a 91 CRX DX with B16a, Y1 /LSD. Everything with the swap went great until i took it out of the first drive around the block. i have a serious vibration over 20 mph when the car decelerates, making a right hand turn or pretty much any time weight is transfered onto the front driver side wheel and worsens when there is a passenger in the car. Vibration does go away during acceleration or when making a left hand turn. the bearings, tie rods, ball joints, tires, rims, brakes, alignment are all good. Nothing in the suspension appears to be hitting or binding. The only part that i could think to cause this would be a bad axle. I have the sir half shaft so i made custom axles out of 89 teg axles and the inner joints than came with my motor (i got this info from HAsport). Axles fit perfectly and do not seem to bind although i did notice a slight amount of slop in the inner joint on the drivers side. If anyone has tips, tricks, or info on this problem please help i need my speed fix I'm twitching from withdraws here.

I think your right on track thinking the axles might be the case. Try using 90-93 integra non-abs axles. make sure you take off the black rubber dust shield thing off the axles before putting them into the hub. They fit like butter...

If the axles aren't the problem i'd suggest checking out your wheel bearings.

I started with the 90-93 teg axles but the upper control arm could not be attached and had to change the 86-89 teg axle with 90-93 inner joint because the half shaft is a sir and is longer than the teg half shaft. Wheel bearings are good and tight. I found a post with this same problem and it had a reference link and when i clicked on it the page had been move to god knows where. Thanks for the reply.

I started with the 90-93 teg axles but the upper control arm could not be attached and had to change the 86-89 teg axle with 90-93 inner joint because the half shaft is a sir and is longer than the teg half shaft. Wheel bearings are good and tight. I found a post with this same problem and it had a reference link and when i clicked on it the page had been move to god knows where. Thanks for the reply.
hmm, this is the first time i've heard of anyone having a problem with the upper control arm due to the axles... maybe try getting the 90-93 interm shaft (or even a j1 or s1 interm shaft, i hear they are different than the y1 which is what you said you had, correct?) and use the 90-93 axles.

Last edited:
i had the same vibration problem with my swap. I tried to use the sir halfshaft, sell the sir halfshaft and get the integra halfshaft and axles.

Back