BAD WIRING ISSUES

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jsegala

I recently got my project car 92 civic VX, and ran into my first problem. the ecu was cut out, and they didnt include the connector. i tried to splice connectors from a cx/dx but there is about 6 wires that are unable to connect .i connected all i could and tried to start it, and no go, i dont think spark was there . 4 of the wires are in a shielded cable and 2 individual. my car is at the garage but i think they where white/black,orange black, and the shielded cable (blue i think) 4 conductor

so far i cant find one thing on what to do. ive looked everywhere. i cant even find a new harness.

also a few of the wires where the same colors? do the go to the same locations. there is a brown single conductor shielded cable comming from the dx connector that has nowhere to connect to on the car harness as well.

any help would be great, i need this car running fast so i can start the modifications
if no wiring info then the part number on the VX harness would be nice

for the part number on the connector you're probably better off getting a hold of your local Honda dealer.

get yourself a Helms manual and check the wiring diagrams. or if you don't have $75 to spend on the Helms...go to Pep Boys and pick up a $10 Haynes manual. They have some descent diagrams that should be able to get you through this dilema.

also, if you can post a picture of the wires you're talking about and their exact colors i'm pretty sure one of us can look up the wires in our manual.

the 4 sheilded go to the crank angle sensor, theres a pure white one that is sheilded to it goes to ur o2 sensor, but normally those wires are for the a18, but i may be wrong, i just put a b18c1 into my 91 hatch with a SiR ecu and had to splice into those wire (that were sheilded) that go to the crank sensors so if that helps you cool then.

there is like a 5 wire O2 sensor.... and how would i wire the cam angle sensor in?

i got it started today. very high idle with those 4 not connected, there is a orange/ blue not connected and a white/black.
some colors have more than one wire, are they to the same things?

last question, if i take the harness out of a non hatcback EX, that had a 1.6vtec, and use it with the VX setup will that work?the ecu/interior harness that is.

here is what is disconnected...

these are from a BLUE SHIELDED CABLE from the body harness...

orange/blue
blue/yellow
blue/green
white/blue

these are from the body harness.....

white/black
orange/violet

this is from connector D-14....

the WHITE wire that is shielded under BROWN cable is not connected

it seems as though some color combos have more than one wire available on the harness what do i do in these cases? i need serious help from someone with a VX model, or knowledge of.

i have it runnung now but the idle is way high, the alternator belt is cut because the alternator is froze up. is the wires that are dissconnected causing the high idle? or the alternator.

also will the EX harness have the same ecu pinouts as the VX harness

Back