bagging the Ranger

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i saw a ford ranger that was lowered and shit while driving to a friends house.... ive never seen a bed hop up and down like that by just going over bumps before! that thing was hoppig all over the place.

Day 3.75 (saturday night)

late start again. im used to it so oh well. anywho, pulled the bed off again and decided to work on a way to mount the tank and compressor. after a few thoughts, i decided to use the tie downs on the front inside part of the bed as a mounting spot so i didnt have to drill any holes in my bed. started measuring some 1" box tubing and proceeded to cut out the sizes i needed. after cutting them out and drilling the mounting holes on the ends, we mocked everything up, made sure everything was lined up good and tack welded it all together:

med_gallery_16_548_10846.jpg

after tack welding it together, we pulled it out and welded it all together:

med_gallery_16_548_3048.jpg

after welding it all up and let it cool down for a bit, we then put in the bed and bolted it down in the stock tie down location. its sturdy as hell. after mounting it up, we mocked up the pieces for the compressor to sit on. got it all aligned, tacked in, removed the whole assembly and welded the compressor mounts on. after that we mounted the whole thing back on the truck including the compressor and tank. well the tank is just sitting on there for now but the compressor is bolted on:

med_gallery_16_548_11692.jpg

after that we messed with the fittings to see how everything is gonna go together, figured it out and those are gonna get mounted onto the tank bracket assembly.

more to go but thats what ive got done so far!! :)

Is this project ment to drop it to the ground or to bounce it like a basketball? :huh:

**UPDATE**

Day....whatever:

well this past weekend we did all the electrical, mounted the tank, mounted the compressor, water trap, adjustable pressure switch and valves. picture below:

med_gallery_16_548_61633.jpg

a little info on the setup:

the 2 yellow hoses are 5/8" line (which btw is a bitch to cut) that comes out of the chrome 5 gallon 4-port tank and into the main valve inlet which is located under the tank, and goes out via 3/8" valves with 1/2" air lines that are going to be attached to the valves once the air line plumbing is done.

all thats left is weld the bag mounts in for the front (which are gonna be custome fabbed) and the rears ones welded on as well as the bridge and run the line. also the gas tank is going to be moved into the rear part of the bed because once i lay out the truck, the gas tank wont drag and get a hole in it. anyways, probably another weekends worth of work and the truck is done being bagged!!

thats it! stay tuned for more!!!!

Is the bed going to get a cap or cover, or is everyone going to get to see what you have?

they gonna see what i got. this setup is gonna be temporary until i can figure a different setup for it in the future specifically over winter when the truck wont be driveable and i can tear down the entire system and redo everything.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]You're gonna bag this thing before I get even my Z to pump gasoline. Bastard
Wait..... when did you get a Zcar?

Whoops.. sorry I'm late on this. I got a Z specifically for the purpose of selling. It ran, doesn't now. Mystery problems. Don't care. Need room for my new Neon / Scion / Brat / CRX / Civic hatch

So the Z and the Loyale are going.

Back