bah, I want a new car

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

asmallsol

Super Moderator
I have always loved the 2.5rs's but when I was first looking to buy a car, they were way too much money for me. Now after 2 years, the price is starting to drop. Now I go to college up in the UP of michigan where they have 2 seasons, winter and the thaw. Up there, my car is fun for a little bit but come winter time, it kinda sucks. I don't really every have problems getting anywhere, but its just not fun anymore. I felt this way last winter, but came summer time it became fun again. The problem with it is it has zero room. In the summer that isn't really a problem because the trunk is large enough to throw 3 golf bags in so i am happy. However now up at college, I do alot of snow boarding, and the board doesnt fit anywhere except the front seat.

Anyways, I have been thinking about buying a Jeep for up at college however if I buy that there goes what I love doing in the summer, autoX, HPDEing, drag racing, ect, plus I love driving a car over an SUV. The scoobie would be great in the winter but still fun as hell in the winter.

The problems...
My car has a shit load of miles. 162,000 to be persise. To me, thats no big deal however no one wants to buy a car with that many miles, no matter how nice of a condition it is. Next, all my DIY kinda of stuff would have to be changed out. I have zero trunk interior. little things like how none of my interior is held in by screws (whats left of it) no AC, no PS, really ghetto looking intake, my DIY integra raditor, along with other stuff. Alot of the stuff functions great and is done for a purpose, however at times its one of those things only I could love it.

If I try and straight out sell it, I would probally only be able to get from 6 or so grand for the car. All in all, I have probally spent 5 grand in parts and then 5 grand on the car to begin with. However, people could give a shit how much I have spent on the car when it has 162000 miles on it. What I would like to do is try and trade my car straight up for a 2.5 RS. This would be the best possible outcome.

As for my plans if I did buy one. I would keep it realitly stock. I would probally buy a set of (gold :) ) wheels for the summer with some azenies, upgrade the pads, and maybe do some suspension like coilovers and bigger rear swaybar. Other then that, I would be happy for a while. I would track it then just use it for my daily driver.

:cliffs:
I am tired of my car
I <3 scoobies + I want allwheel drive
My car sucks and has a shit load of miles
Get the scoobie keep it realitivly stock and track it while keeping it for a daily driver.

So yea, this post didn't have much value to it, but I figured I would share my plans.

It sounds like a good idea. What college do you go to? I was at a ABA BMX camp at Marquette (MSU?) And the lake was still like 45 degrees in August.

Originally posted by swanny@Jan 4 2005, 10:20 PM
It sounds like a good idea. What college do you go to? I was at a ABA BMX camp at Marquette (MSU) And the lake was still like 45 degrees in August.
[post=441159]Quoted post[/post]​

Are you sure the camp wasnt at NMU (northern michigan) MSU normally stands for Michigan state which is in Lansing. As for College, I am 2 hours north of Marquette (hard to imagine drivine 2 hours north when your in marquette and still be in michigan eh!?) up in Houghton. The college is Called Michigan Tech U. Highly known for engineering, drinking and snow lol

how much are 02-03 2.5RSs going for up there??

Originally posted by revolution8k@Jan 4 2005, 11:04 PM
[post=441177]Quoted post[/post]​

ah, I want a 98-01 2.5RS. Those body styles are SOOO much nicer looking, plus they come in 2 doors. Right now my search for one is not limited to just around here. I am seeing them go for 7-10k.

Like this one Linky
I offerd him a straight up tade. who knows, maybe he might just be crazy enough to take it lol

Good choice, especially with the 98-01 body style. I could be wrong, but I think only the 00-01's came in the coupe style, or maybe I've got it turned around (only 00-01 came in sedan form).

Whatever the case, you'll have alot of fun with the AWD, but you'll itch for a turbo soon after. :)

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Jan 5 2005, 12:09 PM
Whatever the case, you'll have alot of fun with the AWD, but you'll itch for a turbo soon after. :)
[post=441383]Quoted post[/post]​

depending on weather or not I get a good summer internship then STI engine swap here I come :)

As for bodystlyes, I believe the first 2 years only came in coupe, and the other years it came in both.

Originally posted by asmallsol@Jan 5 2005, 09:23 AM
As for bodystlyes, I believe the first 2 years only came in coupe, and the other years it came in both.
[post=441399]Quoted post[/post]​

That sounds right. I've never paid too much attention to older Scooby technology.

Originally posted by FFCiv@Jan 5 2005, 01:28 PM
LOVE the fronte dislike the rear; at least in pictures
[post=441439]Quoted post[/post]​

yea, I am with you on that one. If I did happen to buy that one, I would rebadge it and get rid of those nasty half painted tail lights and get another set of OEM ones. Also I would consider getting an STI spoiler :ph34r:

22B-STi

22b_10.JPG

yummy :wub:

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Jan 5 2005, 08:33 PM
22B-STi

22b_10.JPG

yummy :wub:
[post=441672]Quoted post[/post]​

i just splooged all over the place. i need a cold shower

Originally posted by asmallsol+Jan 5 2005, 11:10 AM-->
revolution8k
@Jan 4 2005, 11:04 PM
[post=441177]Quoted post[/post]​

ah, I want a 98-01 2.5RS. Those body styles are SOOO much nicer looking, plus they come in 2 doors. Right now my search for one is not limited to just around here. I am seeing them go for 7-10k.

Like this one Linky
I offerd him a straight up tade. who knows, maybe he might just be crazy enough to take it lol
[post=441360]Quoted post[/post]​

You want me to ask around and see if the cars been beaten on?

sure, but what I think I might do is buy a stock scoobie around here (there are like 3 or 4 to choose from lol) bring that up to school, leave my car here and have my dad try and sell it. I have a decent amount saved up and for the rest I would take out a small loan. Once I sell my car, pay off the loan and restock my bank account. My dad has always loved del sols and he said that he would look at buying it for 5k if I couldn't sell it.

go for it, great cars, great tranny, greaty 4wd system, lots of potential

Back