bah, I want a new car

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sure but then its a 13000% handling fee and buyer prep (means I give it a good washing :) )

I've been doing alot of reading up on them and to find out, the 00-01 have LSD's so best case sanario would be to find one from those years. So far the colors that I really want are either Blues, (98-99 come in the normal wrx color blue, 00-01 come in a darker blue) black, white, or Silver. Basicly, not the fire orange/red one.

Just so ya know, that lighter blue isn't the "WRX blue". It's lighter and a little less vibrant....the only cars that got the "World Rally Blue" are the WRX and the STi.

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Jan 6 2005, 01:21 PM
Just so ya know, that lighter blue isn't the "WRX blue". It's lighter and a little less vibrant....the only cars that got the "World Rally Blue" are the WRX and the STi.
[post=442026]Quoted post[/post]​

Looking at an old article, they call it Rally Blue Pearl, and the darker blue is blue ridge pearl

Originally posted by swanny@Jan 4 2005, 09:20 PM
It sounds like a good idea. What college do you go to? I was at a ABA BMX camp at Marquette (MSU?) And the lake was still like 45 degrees in August.
[post=441159]Quoted post[/post]​

Hey u ride Swanny?

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Jan 6 2005, 12:21 PM

The "WRX" blue that started on the 02+ models is called WR Blue Pearl, but I'm sure YOU already knew that... since you have one... :(

WR Blue Pearl > any other color.

Originally posted by revolution8k+Jan 7 2005, 06:10 PM-->
dohcvtec_accord
@Jan 6 2005, 12:21 PM

The "WRX" blue that started on the 02+ models is called WR Blue Pearl, but I'm sure YOU already knew that... since you have one... :(

WR Blue Pearl > any other color.
[post=442760]Quoted post[/post]​

Right, people usually just shorten it to "World Rally Blue", or WRB.

And yes, you're right, WRB > any other color. :D

Originally posted by senate_9427+Jan 7 2005, 04:06 PM-->
@Jan 4 2005, 09:20 PM
It sounds like a good idea. What college do you go to? I was at a ABA BMX camp at Marquette (MSU?) And the lake was still like 45 degrees in August.
[post=441159]Quoted post[/post]​

Hey u ride Swanny?
[post=442616]Quoted post[/post]​

Used to, I quit once I got my license though :)

Alright well if you search some of my old posts in this forum, I had a lot of talk about a 2.5RS myself.

I'm sure you know all the boards...

nasioc
clubwrx
i-club
scoobymods
rs25club

With that said...

I like the '98 the best. The '98 is the only year that ONLY came in a coupe and not a 4door. It sounded as if you said that they don't make coupes now, but all though I didn't research them I was fairly sure that the newer ones are both available in coupes and 4door. The '98 also had the 2.5L DOHC motor that was very nice and responds great to mods, except some of them had a problem with the head gasket going. I believe theres a recall out on the head gasket, but you might want to look into that if you look at a '98. ...and also keep in mind its not cheap head work when you have two heads to work on in the subie. The '98 also came with the gold rims that you like...the ones that are also on the WRX I believe.

The '99 got a SOHC motor and a few more luxuries as I recall. They're rated right around the same HP and TQ numbers but the SOHC is supposedly more reliable because it didn't have the head gasket problem that the '98 did. Unfortunately the SOHC motors obviously don't see as big as gains in mods as the DOHC motors.

If the lsd is very important to you, then go with the '00. It was my understanding that the older ones had a one lsd but it wasn't great...while the newer ones got a front + rear lsd...don't quote me on that because after '99 I didn't do much research.

I know you said it would be your daily driver, but keep in mind if you were ever thinking of turbo charging this thing because it has the same displacement as the STI, the compression is way too high and sucks to turbo charge. Kits are around 3-5grand.

Now onto the most important part, these cars sell for every bit of book. EVERY SINGLE PENNY of blue book and many sell for more, obviously especially if you go to an enthuisiast site.

Good luck with the search, they're awesome cars just pricey IMO

I'm not sure if you were still looking at that RS but I would adivse against it, I asked around and its been through quite a few hands.

Back