BAH my Tanabe Coilovers hardly lower the car!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

poid

Hey guys,

I recently bought a set of Tanabe Sustec Pro coilovers from a Japan based company (since i live in Australia, and its cheaper than importing from the US) and installing the fronts they only lowered the car by about 1/2 and inch!

Now the car currently rides on 2.5 inch lowered springs and Koni yellows, so the height difference was quite huge...do Tanabe really make coilovers that only lower the car by half an inch at their lowest point?!? Or are these some wierd unusual custom ones? I bought these second hand.

They arent the damper adjustable ones, just height, and the car is an Accord. The height thing really has me buggered, and i dont know what's going on :(

i have tanabes on my sol ... at the lowest setting i was tucking 15's
dunno about the ones for the accord .... are sure you have them set right?

If they are generic Eibach springs, you can get shorter ones.

GC's come with 8" springs, and Eibach makes replacement in jsut aobut any spring rate, from 4" to 12" long for about $25-$40 a spring.

Well i dont know how they could have been set wrong, i mean the perch was obviously at its lowest point and they were definitely installed correctly.

Certainly didnt seem right to me, still doesnt and still cant figure out whats wrong. Only suggestion i've had so far is to remove the helper springs, but i would think that the coilovers would have been designed with that in mind. Besides if i remove those then the reason that i bought them (the fact that the springs are trapped, which meaks the suspension legal when low) wouldn't apply.

Will prolly take some pics of them next to the stock struts, i just cant understand what could have been done wrong, or why a set of coilovers would be made to only lower that much

Back