Bahahah what an asshat

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jeffie7

Wrong Whole!
VIP
I know so many people who think they can jump on a bike and go it's not even funny how serious they are! I just laugh

This quote is from a guy who works at a dealership Im guessing it happened today or yesterday.
I really could post stuff like this almost every day.

I walk out to have a cigarette and notice a guy on a brand new 636 that he was picking up. When he stalled it the second time, I decided he was shaky and I would walk a few steps over to a bay door and get out of the "line of fire". Now, our parking lot runs along the side of the building. You enter from a busy street and exit onto a side street at the back.
Mr. 636 gets his bike underway and putts through the lot. He makes it to the gate at the back, looks both ways, and proceeds to bounce off a parked car about 8 feet away. I walked over and asked him if he was O.K. and pushed the bike into the warehouse. Total damage to the bike will probably end up at something under $1K with the damage to the car being about the same.
Oh yeah, he hadn't gotten insurance yet. As if that's not enough, his wife was following in the car. I really do feel sorry for that guy. "I told you not to buy the bike!!!".

Hahaha, and people here complian that you can't just jump on a bike. Here you have to start small, and then progress for a few years before you can even get a "real" bike

while i've never ridden a powerful bike, i don't see the point here.

To me, its 100% user error.

even a powerful bike at 2k has like 30 hp.

its the users right hand that gets them in trouble.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jun 19 2004, 05:32 PM
while i've never ridden a powerful bike, i don't see the point here.

To me, its 100% user error.

even a powerful bike at 2k has like 30 hp.

its the users right hand that gets them in trouble.

You're right about the power however go to a dealership and sit on a Suzuki SV650, Bandit, Kaw Ninja 250-500, Honda CB600 or other "starter bike" you will find out very fast that riding a Supersport bike is VERY hard VS a standard bike. Having very little riding time I could cut in and out of cones on my bandit "need to do for DL test" the cones are placed about 5 feet from each other If I had a supersport bike at the time of the test..... it would have been VERY hard to pass even with some riding under my belt the standard bikes are much eaiser to ride then supersports let alone the 636 "very foward bike"

For one your feet in a lot of peoples cases wont touch very well also the bike is VERY FOWARD meaning you're leaving foward. and even though they don't make much power till the top part of the RPM band They are still super touchy throttle wise. meaning you could have the bike jet off pretty fast if your clutch hand slips, alsoyou might wheely or flip the bike too!

I hear what you're saying Jeffie.

But some guys crack me up. My buddy George is a good rider, and IMO, he's nuts. He has a Harley Sportster, and he does one foot on seat wheelie stands through town for blocks. We both went out dirtbike riding, so I brought my quad and my dirtbike so we both had a ride.

My bike is an old YZ465. 465cc two stroke iron horse. I did a decent P+P on it, and rejetted it, etc. It'll do over 100 mph. I start in third gear, throttle wide open, and drop the clutch. After 30 ft., the front end is in the air. :)

Piece of cake to me, but George says it's too much :blink:

I let another guy ride my bike a few years back. Same fucking thing as your story just about. First gear, second gear, ditch. :lol: Didn't even turn. All I could do is watch :unsure:

Back