1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bahahah what an asshat

Discussion in 'Members' Lounge' started by jeffie7, Jun 19, 2004.

1. jeffie7

jeffie7 Wrong Whole! VIP

I know so many people who think they can jump on a bike and go it's not even funny how serious they are! I just laugh

This quote is from a guy who works at a dealership Im guessing it happened today or yesterday.

2. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

lol
    what an asshat

3. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

Hahaha, and people here complian that you can't just jump on a bike. Here you have to start small, and then progress for a few years before you can even get a "real" bike

4. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

while i've never ridden a powerful bike, i don't see the point here.

To me, its 100% user error.

even a powerful bike at 2k has like 30 hp.

its the users right hand that gets them in trouble.

5. jeffie7

jeffie7 Wrong Whole! VIP

You're right about the power however go to a dealership and sit on a Suzuki SV650, Bandit, Kaw Ninja 250-500, Honda CB600 or other "starter bike" you will find out very fast that riding a Supersport bike is VERY hard VS a standard bike. Having very little riding time I could cut in and out of cones on my bandit "need to do for DL test" the cones are placed about 5 feet from each other If I had a supersport bike at the time of the test..... it would have been VERY hard to pass even with some riding under my belt the standard bikes are much eaiser to ride then supersports let alone the 636 "very foward bike"

For one your feet in a lot of peoples cases wont touch very well also the bike is VERY FOWARD meaning you're leaving foward. and even though they don't make much power till the top part of the RPM band They are still super touchy throttle wise. meaning you could have the bike jet off pretty fast if your clutch hand slips, alsoyou might wheely or flip the bike too!

6. tab

tab Super Moderator

I hear what you're saying Jeffie.

But some guys crack me up. My buddy George is a good rider, and IMO, he's nuts. He has a Harley Sportster, and he does one foot on seat wheelie stands through town for blocks. We both went out dirtbike riding, so I brought my quad and my dirtbike so we both had a ride.

My bike is an old YZ465. 465cc two stroke iron horse. I did a decent P+P on it, and rejetted it, etc. It'll do over 100 mph. I start in third gear, throttle wide open, and drop the clutch. After 30 ft., the front end is in the air. :)

Piece of cake to me, but George says it's too much :blink:

I let another guy ride my bike a few years back. Same fucking thing as your story just about. First gear, second gear, ditch. :lol: Didn't even turn. All I could do is watch :unsure:

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted