Ball Joints..

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

kingwilly

i used a ball joint puller to try and separate it from the arm and i rolled the bottom thread of the ball joint now i cant get the castle nut to go back on..what should i do?..help please

Get or borrow a tap and die set and rerun the threads. For the record, you NEVER want to completely remove the castle nut until the ball joint is separated, for no other reason than to protect the threads. :)

thanks for the info..when i try and put the castle nut back on the whole ball joint turns when i turn the nut would that be a problem if i try and rethread it? just wonderin if i can get any more info/tips before i go and buy those tools...

You dont need a ball joint seperator just use a big hammer next time and bang on it side to side and it will come up. And to get that castle nut back on put a jack under the ball joint and apply pressure. Then tap on it from the side and tighten it. If thats not working use quick turns. If that isnt working get a new ball joint :( sucks i know :)

-Justin

Back