Bandwidth Test

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

at my hosue in jersey.

3.6 megabits per second
Communications 3.6 megabits per second
Storage 441.4 kilobytes per second
1MB file download 2.3 seconds
Subjective rating Awesome

I have comcast, first time I tried i got 1.8 megabits

926.6 kilobits per second
Communications 926.6 kilobits per second
Storage 113.1 kilobytes per second
1MB file download 9.1 seconds
Subjective rating Good
Explain results

Info
Date & time Wednesday, August 3, 9:06PM*
Test type IDT4 Free
Connection type Cable
Region Hawaii
Data size 1024KB

3.9 megabits per second

Communications 3.9 megabits per second
Storage 470.2 kilobytes per second
1MB file download 2.2 seconds
Subjective rating Awesome

Explain results

Info
Date & time Wednesday, August 3, 9:38PM*
Test type IDT4 Free
Connection type Cable
Region New York

http://www.testmy.net/ is better cause you can check you upload speed and if you have a really quick connection it will up the size of the download

Download
Your connection is: 4391 Kbps (about 4.4 Mbps)
You downloaded at: 536 kB/s
Your TRuSPEED: ^info^ 4698 Kbps :: 574 kB/s (7% overhead factored)
Bottom Line: You are running: 78 times faster than 56K and can download 1 megabyte in 1.91 second(s)
Diagnosis: Awesome! 20% + : 21.7 % faster than the average for host (adelphia.net)

Upload
Your connection is: 456 Kbps (about 0.5 Mbps)
You uploaded at: 56 kB/s
Your TRuSPEED: ^info^ 488 Kbps :: 60 kB/s (7% overhead factored)
Bottom Line: You are running: 8 times faster than 56K and can upload 1 megabyte in 18.29 second(s)
Diagnosis: 90% + Okay : running at 99.13 % of your hosts average (adelphia.net)

Originally posted by E_SolSi+Aug 3 2005, 10:16 AM-->
Originally posted by New2TheCarScene@Aug 3 2005, 10:58 AM
Battle Pope
@Aug 2 2005, 05:28 PM
It's different because internet traffic is different every second.
[post=534761]Quoted post[/post]​

Unless you're on DSL or another dedicated line, just for yourself.
[post=535129]Quoted post[/post]​

unless you are directly connected to the computer you are downloading the test material from, you still need to g across the INTERNET... and trafic flows on the internet are always changing... most of the time your computer wint even take the same path to connect to the same website... different paths + different traffic flows = different times.... doesnt matter if you are on cable, DSL, T1, T3, OC12, or dial up... the rating will always be different... even when it comes up as the same, all it really means is that it was close enough to round off to the same number
[post=535141]Quoted post[/post]​

My point wasn't that its the exact same, my point was moreso in that a dedicated line should be within a very limited range and thats why you pay for a dedicated line rather than sharing a line.

Originally posted by DarkHand@Aug 3 2005, 07:44 AM
That's probably because while they do give you 3mbps downstream, most cable connections are limited to 256k upstream, which is 32KB/sec... So you are just about maxing out. :)
[post=535094]Quoted post[/post]​

Somehow I have 512kbit/s up on my Cocks internet.

Verizon ADSL in Baltimore, Maryland:

2 megabits per second

Communications: 2 megabits per second
Storage: 248.8 kilobytes per second
1MB file download: 4.1 seconds
Subjective rating: Great

Whats the mod that everyone is doing to gain more speed? I searched through those sites and couldnt find anything. However, the gdedit.msc thing or watever did work when i typed it in the run command prompt. what doi do next?

run > gpedit.msc > computer configuration > administrative templates > network > double click "QoS packet scheduele" > double click "limit reservable bandwidth" > enable to 0%...reboot.

I didn't find any improvement, but then again, I am on ADSL though gay ass Deutsch Telescum, so I am pretty limited to begin with, and on Win 64 bit, so it may not work on mine.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Aug 6 2005, 06:43 AM
run > gpedit.msc > computer configuration > administrative templates > network > double click "QoS packet scheduele" > double click "limit reservable bandwidth" > enable to 0%...reboot.

I didn't find any improvement, but then again, I am on ADSL though gay ass Deutsch Telescum, so I am pretty limited to begin with, and on Win 64 bit, so it may not work on mine.
[post=536517]Quoted post[/post]​

I just tried that, and I also didnt notice any improvements.(In fact my readings were little lower; 4.3(before) vs. 4.1(now).

A change that small is more internet traffic differences than anything else. Like I said, I noticed no change either, and a few other didn't, I don't think it really does anything.

Back