Banking rant

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

get_nick

These snozzberries taste like snozzberries...
VIP
Ugh, I HATE WAMU/JP chase whatever it is.

2 random atm fees on my account. called the 1-800 number, couldn't get to a human. called the local branch, they gave me the "magic sequence" to get to a human. called customer service, put in the numbers, come to find out, it is the directory for how to change your pin. I didn't have to change it, but i did get to a human. The pleasant east indian lady was happy to help, by starting a claim and sending me a letter in 2-3 business days? A letter for what? to say "yeah, you got robbed?" How about you assure me that it's going to get fixed. Well, we'll see what happens.

The problem I had was that I had to deceive the system to get to a person. So you're telling me, as part of my banking, i dont' get access to a human to answer my questions?

Just to test it out, I called wells fargo. hit the "*" button 3 times in a row and got someone on the phone in 10 seconds. Told the lady thank you and that i was switching my account over.

/rant

edit: yes b, i know you like local credit unions, but there are some benefits to national banks.

i belong to a local credit union. never a problem getting a real AMERICAN person on the phone.

what'd they label the ATM fees? i have wamu too
*ATM WITHDRAWAL FEE - DOMESTIC$6.00
*ATM BALANCE INQUIRY FEE - DOMESTIC$2.00

the last 2 times i have used my atm card are at my work. no fees there. one was on the 21st and the other on the 14th. other than that i haven't used my atm card in a couple months.

who knows. maybe i bought something and i'm going to look like a huge asshole on this one.

who knows. maybe i bought something and i'm going to look like a huge asshole on this one.

You probably will. I've been with Chase since last April, and I use my debit card everywhere, along with a few ATM withdrawals. Never had a fee associated to it, JP Morgan Chase is the name of it, btw. They bought out WaMu.

Edit: Were they out of non Chase ATMs by chance? Sometimes other banks will charge fees which Chase will pass onto you.

Last edited:
:werd: i checked my balance on accident at non-wamu or whatever atm and it charged me.. pissed me off when i saw my statement.. but hell, what can i do.. nothing.. i've also had the ATM withdrawl fee.. i talked to someone about it and cant really remember why they said i got it.. was a while ago

You probably will. I've been with Chase since last April, and I use my debit card everywhere, along with a few ATM withdrawals. Never had a fee associated to it, JP Morgan Chase is the name of it, btw. They bought out WaMu.

Edit: Were they out of non Chase ATMs by chance? Sometimes other banks will charge fees which Chase will pass onto you.
thats the thing though. The last time a used an atm was 8 days ago. the one i used, doesn't charge a fee, neither does my wamu.

other than that, i haven't used an atm in over a month.

not within the last 10 days or more.

yea.. me either.. jsut came up out of nowhere.. but i think that is what they told me.. cant really remember though

I don't care how anyone else feels about it, I will stick with my Bank of America. I haven't had any problems with them, their customer service is great when I have a question, and they are EVERYWHERE.

To avoid fees when I want cash and can't get to a BoA ATM, I usually just buy the cheapest thing I can (pack of gum, newspaper, etc) and pay with my debit card and ask for cash back. I'd rather pay $.25 for a pack of gum and be able to chew the gum than I would $2.50-$5.00 for an ATM fee to pull out however much money I need.

i just use the self checkout at the grocery store... buy some gum, candy, whatever and get cash back.. i rarely go to my bank (there arent many here, like 3 and there all in different parts of town) ... i'll never to back to Wells Fargo, they are the absolute worst bank ever.. waiting weeks till you dont have enough funds to cover something then clearing it.. assholes... my buddy had a loan through them, had the reciept in his wallet and got mugged one day.. then they proceeded to tell him he never paid it off.. the reciept showed he did, but he didnt have it anymore.. they suck a fat one

To avoid fees when I want cash and can't get to a BoA ATM, I usually just buy the cheapest thing I can (pack of gum, newspaper, etc) and pay with my debit card and ask for cash back. I'd rather pay $.25 for a pack of gum and be able to chew the gum than I would $2.50-$5.00 for an ATM fee to pull out however much money I need.

I never thought of that before. Thats a good idea.

I don't care how anyone else feels about it, I will stick with my Bank of America. I haven't had any problems with them, their customer service is great when I have a question, and they are EVERYWHERE.
You are GOOD man for that! :thumbsup: I don't care what anyone else says either.

Rep'd

Can anyone guess what bank Mrs. Phyre manages for? lol

Back