Banner contest!! win $50!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

posol

RETIRED
Here's your chance to win $50 by paypal. If you don't have paypal, im not paying you... so sign up already. :)

Here's the deal- While steve put in a great effort on the last banner we had- it simply slowed the site down so much... and, well, i think Version 3.0 is going to be skipped.... move right into 4.0 :)

here's the rules:

open to ANY MEMBER (mods, admins, reg. members, etc) of hondaswap with 10 or more posts.

see the banner up top that says invision power board??? well- that is what needs to be replaced.

file size-- under 10k

format- transparent gif, AND .PSD

Width- 300 to 500 pixels
height- 52 pixels (exactly)

must look good over the blue banner BG with the slight gradient at the top of the page.
I will need both the exported trans. gif, and the orig. .PSD file. if you use something besides photoshop, have someone convert it- something with layers.... cuz i don't use paint shop pro or quark or fireworks- etc. photoshop only. any other format will disqualify you, cuz i can't use it.

hondaswap.com aka myself :) will own the rights to all submissions. it cannot be used elsewhere or sold.

How we will pick the winner:

ok i messed up the dates... lol here we go-

#1- all submissions must be emailed to me- Brian@hondaswap.com by July 10th at 11:59pm EST. anything received after that will not qualify.
email must include the image attachments, your user name on HS, and your paypal email address. failure to include any of these will result in disqualification.

YOU MAY ONLY SUBMIT ONCE!!! so don't send me shit until you are sure you want to use that one. i will not accept multiple submissions from anyone. 1 per user.

#2- On July 11th, or sometime there after, i will make a new poll with all the submissions. Depending on the amount of entries we get, there may be two or more qaulifying rounds (as you can only have 10 poll options per poll)

#3- The top 3 from each (if more than one) will go into the final round, which will start on July 15th. the qualifying round poll(s) will be closed at this time.

#4- on July 20th, the design with the most votes in the finals becomes our new banner, and i send over $50 via paypal to you.

all decisions are final- and they are chosen by the membership. so there :p

Any questions, feel free to ask.

Good luck! and happy photochopping.

EDIT- NEW RULE:
Winning banner can be taken down at ANY time based on any reason i choose... such as another update, new layout, or so on. It's mine, and i can do what i want with it :) We make no claim to longetivity of the banner lasting on the site. you got your $50, so be happy :p

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jul 3 2003, 11:40 PM
cuz i don't use fireworks- photoshop only.  any other format will disqualify you, cuz i can't use it.

BOO HISS

the Macromedia family 0wnz me. :worthy: :worthy:

im just pissed cuz i cant join the contest now....apparently IM allready disqualified.... :angry:

a nice flash banner, or even a fireworks made one....can i convert .png to .psd?

never tried it before. never had a need to.

if you can export it in a PSD, you can use whatever format you like. but i use photshop, and i can't stand anything else for graphics.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jul 3 2003, 11:55 PM
if you can export it in a PSD, you can use whatever format you like. but i use photshop, and i can't stand anything else for graphics.

guess the reason im biased against photoshop is because i tried to "self teach" and still sucked.

i "self taught" in Fireworks and am a pro at it.

go figure.

Is there winning by default? Like say I spent 5 minutes with my "l33t" photoshop skills, and no one else enters, do I get 50 bucks? :)

we have 1 submission at this point.

come on guys....

And don't forget, I can submit one too. It's part of the rules- but ultimately, the winner will be selected by the membership.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jul 6 2003, 11:20 PM
we have 1 submission at this point.

come on guys....

And don't forget, I can submit one too. It's part of the rules- but ultimately, the winner will be selected by the membership.

yea, but come on.. that "one" is fucking useless.. it shouldnt even be allowed to grace the pages of hondaswap.

fine, ill take a crack at it....if i cant save it as a psd file then im just going to submit a .png file and be done with it....what are the specifications again?

codee, you make a banner, i seen ur work and its good !!!!

haha.. that is the "1 entry" i was talkin about. I threw some shit together, b/c i know i can't compete with steve or even B's work.. photoshop > me.. plus i wont be online for the finals.. my move > me :(

Originally posted by karnash@Jul 7 2003, 01:14 AM
fine, ill take a crack at it....if i cant save it as a psd file then im just going to submit a .png file and be done with it....what are the specifications again?

codee, you make a banner, i seen ur work and its good !!!!

scroll up you lazy shit. its in this thread. lol

at worst, send me the gif and the fireworks shit if need be... i can probably find someone to convert it for me. and chances are you won't win anyway :p

id love to make one. anything youd like included?

im really confident with photoshop, but my creativity has left me.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jul 7 2003, 12:26 AM
and chances are you won't win anyway :p

probably not, but not due in any part to lack of skillz....

im going to have fun with this one....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back