BAR test today...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

LSCRX

....I am taking my CRX to get BAR'd today, i am hoping i will pass. All the hard work i have put into and it comes down to some guy on whether or not i get to drive it everyday. I am nervous .....wish me luck i will post up the results.

I have an aftermarket intake manifold and headers, but i have both of my carb stickers on there....my apt is in 2 hours, so i will let you know after i get back.

good thing you get a free retest.. i had a DC header on mine but he failed it because the part# wasnt for the Del Sol VTEC .. but the CARB # matched..

at this point i have to go with what i got, i am at work and taking it on my lunch. So there is no way to swap parts before.

its alright.. you get a free retest anyways.. so if you have to change something, go home and change it and make another appointment

Just got back....FAILED. I was soo pissed. The swap was clean, the IM and headers were CARB approved, i just need to find the part number. But it failed smog in EVERY WAY POSSIBLE. my little CRX is a gross polluter. I thought the refs were going to be clueless and dumb....these guys knew their shit. I am hoping to get it to pass and take me retest. Does anybody know where the part number is on a skunk 2 IM or DC headers?

told ya so.. you probably need a new cat and o2 sensor.. and oil change makes it run cleaner too..

as for part #s it should be on the sticker for the S2 mani.. the DC header should have it on the flange between the piping near the nut that holds the header to the head.. it'll start off with AH(acura header) or HH(honda header)

Put a stock intake manifold on there and a stock header. I've been through the BAR process like a lot of other people on here. You should have taken their advice.

It appears that you were the one who was clueless and dumb.

I failed because my CRX is a gross polluter, not because of aftermarket CARB legal parts. I put my stickers near the firewall of the engine bay and they didnt see it until the end. When i pointed it out they said it didnt matter since i already failed the smog, but they were both items on the list as approved CARB legal items. So fuck off!

wow, cursing senior members wont get you much help.. FYI

doesnt matter if its carb approved or not.. if the part #'s dont match then they'll fail you for that

Put a stock intake manifold on there and a stock header. I've been through the BAR process like a lot of other people on here. You should have taken their advice.

I would have done that, if they were not CARB approved. But they are, and they are allowed.

Trust me....that is not why i failed. We looked up the CARB numbers after and they matched it to the motor that is in my car. I called and talked to DC and SKUNK 2 to get the right stickers before hand. I think my cat is old and might be what caused me to fail smog, but will hopefully find out this weekend. I bet you guys i will be able to pass with both of those on there, what is the point of having something carb legal if they dont let you use it?

as i said before .. it doesnt matter if the carb # matches if the part # doesnt.. i know.. i was failed for a DC header that had a matching carb # to the motor because it had the wrong part #.. there is a chance you could pass with them on, but if it were me i'd switch back to stock just for the test just to be on the safe side..

what were your readings on the smog test?

I was going to scan them and put them up, but i drove my truck today and they are in my CRX. But i know i was allowed 720 and i was a 2070...something like that......it wasnt even close! As soon as he told me the total was 30 bucks, i knew i failed. I am just trying to remember if i got the cat replaced when i did my exhaust......i dont think so.

well there are 6 tests it has to pass... with readings that high i suggest replacing the O2 sensor and the cat. conv.

and if you havent already change the oil so fresh oil is int here.. makes the car run cleaner

Back