BAR test today...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

What truth? Not everybodies car is the same, the issues you had dont apply to me. I drove my car around for 45 minutes before the test, so it was plenty warm. My ECU was fine, no check engine light, its a clean swap and runs fine. My buddy just BAR'd his honda coupe with the exact same setup i am running. I am not argueing with anybody, i am just stating the IM and header is NOT the reason i failed and that it is possible to ref and BAR a car with CARB approved components. They have a whole bulletin board on what is allowed and what isnt, ect. I am sure there are exceptions with part #s not matching up, ect. I am going to have my buddy look at it and get a pretest and go back and pass with flying colors :D.

if you dont want to listen i dont want to help.. i've told you.. if the part # doesnt match then its gonna fail.. i know from experience.. dont believe me, leave it on and have to pay more money to get tested again.. i never said it failed because of those parts.. just saying its much easier to pass with the stock parts .. it seems as if you think the guy is a dumbass or something, i tried that approach when i first went to get inspected.. i played dumb and acted like it was a UsDM motor.. he knew it wasnt..

waiting to say "i told ya so" again

if you dont want to listen i dont want to help.. i've told you.. if the part # doesnt match then its gonna fail.. i know from experience.. dont believe me, leave it on and have to pay more money to get tested again.. i never said it failed because of those parts.. just saying its much easier to pass with the stock parts .. it seems as if you think the guy is a dumbass or something, i tried that approach when i first went to get inspected.. i played dumb and acted like it was a UsDM motor.. he knew it wasnt..

waiting to say "i told ya so" again

But what if the #s do match? I will change them if i have to, but those headers are a pain in the ass to take off. I would rather just get the right numbers, so i dont have to do this year after year.

once its BAR'd it doesnt matter.. i just smogged my hatch w/ DC header i failed with and a BLOX intake manifold (which isnt CARB legal BTW) .. smog techs dont check for anything except the carb #...

That intake and headers changes your emissions to..

once its BAR'd it doesnt matter.. i just smogged my hatch w/ DC header i failed with and a BLOX intake manifold (which isnt CARB legal BTW) .. smog techs dont check for anything except the carb #...

How did you get by with the intake manifold? like i said i will go that route if i have to, but i want to try 1 more things first.

i passed smog(not BAR) with the intake manifold because it looks stock, kinda... and the smog tech couldnt tell the difference.. the carb # matched on the header and thats all they look for.. the BAR referee digs a little bit deeper (alright, a lot deeper.. haha) when inspecting cars..

I would have done that, if they were not CARB approved. But they are, and they are allowed.
I understand and I've had the same gripe. It really depends on the individual who does the inspection. In Sacramento I failed 2 times, old guy was just being a dick and very strict. I had a USDM DC header for a 99si with carb number (on my old b16a2 swap) and he failed me there. The third guy I got was real cool, had a swap himself. I passed with flying colors then.

It looked like you had said you failed everything, I assumed visual too. Its just a better idea to put it back to stock to not have the hassle. The next tech you get might fail your visual for the headers, just because thats how some of them are.

Just my opinion, take as you like. :)

Haha....no i meant i failed in every area for smog, i think there are 3? But the swap was fine, just getting it to smog is my next challenge. how old to cars have to be to qualify as smog exempt? :D

Haha....no i meant i failed in every area for smog, i think there are 3? But the swap was fine, just getting it to smog is my next challenge. how old to cars have to be to qualify as smog exempt? :D

think its 30 years..

Back