:Barf:

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

a quick search on google and i found some guy posted a lifetime average of ~71mpg in a 1g insight. thats going to be hard to beat. especially with a straight gasoline engine.

a quick search on google and i found some guy posted a lifetime average of ~71mpg in a 1g insight. thats going to be hard to beat. especially with a straight gasoline engine.

but when i see people driving them, i think, "god, thats such good gas mileage, but so gay looking".

i really dont' drive enough to value the extra gas mileage. so i will spare the money and have something a little more enjoyable with more room.

eh, i dig the way they look
they are definitely weird, but its all good

even a 1g with 200k miles on it doesnt seem like a reasonable investment for me
especially since the battery packs are somewhere around 6k if you had to replace it from the dealer right

i guess i'll be keeping an eye out for an 96-00 or maybe ep3 hatch.
now those ep3's are much uglier than an insight if you ask me

but when i see people driving them, i think, "god, thats such good gas mileage, but so gay looking".

People say the same about CRX and Geo Metros. lol.

For an average, yeah that's hard, but as far as the highest MPG, I believe people got higher with the CRXs, TDIs, and even Geo Metros(though with aero-mods). I know one year a A/C-equipped CRX got 118mpg driving through the mountains; and I believe that's with the stock HF engine(the Z1 is supposed to be a lean-burn engine).

A 1g Insight with 200k miles is a lot of miles(considering our ~93 Hondas are around there, and Insights didn't sell until like 2001), but I'd assume those are highway miles where the batteries aren't really used.

Last edited:
i would rather have a VW TDI than an HX honda or an insight...

yeah, i said it...

Does anyone notice that theres NO details of the car other than he invested over 70k into it? no engine type, no anything.

I assumed from the front end that he put the F20C or whatever the S2K engine, but ya he doesn't say.

A guy at work DD's a k20 equipped 1G. Still averages 40+ mpg

Ok... Doesnt really answer my question, but I guess thats good to know too. :p

Back