Basic Map

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Tein

So much with a little D
I have a P28 with a hondata 300 installed on it... the P28 is an auto ecu and the hondata installed on it is brand new so nothing has being downloaded yet... my ride is a civic 96 ex with a 5 speed swap, gt35r, full engine work,,,, My question is once the hondata is installed the ecu will work on a 5 speed? and how difficult is to download a basic map so I can be able to start the car and take it to the shop?
I also read somewhere online that I need to swap my distributor if i am using a obd1 ecu?

Yes I have a D16Y8,,,, the convertion harness is already on,,,,, so I need a D15b7 distrbutor? It this the only one that will work?

Do the D15b7 dizzy is a vtec? or it does not matter if it is vtec or not?

I am going to use this on my D16a6/D16y8 mini-me because I talked to another guy on here and he confirmed that it ran beautifully after he was done. The dizzy doesn't control VTEC, a dizzy's main job is to distribute spark to your cylinders. If you do goto a D15b7 dizzy PM "monotech" for your wiring conversion, he was a very good seller to me so I recommend him. I received my D16a6-D15b7 dizzy adaptor within' less than a week and it only cost me $35. I'm sure he will be able to make something for your set-up.

Ok, well I didn't realize you were using Hondata. I would follow their instructions over mine. I think I read somewhere in your posts you were using Hondata, though. LMAO, you said that on your second sentence.

<p>
Ok, well I didn't realize you were using Hondata. I would follow their instructions over mine. I think I read somewhere in your posts you were using Hondata, though. LMAO, you said that on your second sentence.
</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
Hey thanks a lot anyway!

Do any one knows: "if I install a P28 with a S300 and nothing has being downloadto the S300 (like a basic map) I'm be able to start the car? Or do I need to take the ecu to a local tuning shop for them to drop a basic map first in order for me to start the car?

1) you will need to convert the ecu from auto to manual. How To Covert ECU's from Auto To Manual
2) you will need a base map on the software. If you have the full s300, you should be able to do this on your own. Just pick one thats close to what you have, and then putt your self to the dyno/tuner (keep rpms LOW as possible). if you don't have the full tuner setup, you may need to visit the shop first. (I'm not too familair with the s300 unit)

1) you will need to convert the ecu from auto to manual. How To Covert ECU's from Auto To Manual
2) you will need a base map on the software. If you have the full s300, you should be able to do this on your own. Just pick one thats close to what you have, and then putt your self to the dyno/tuner (keep rpms LOW as possible). if you don't have the full tuner setup, you may need to visit the shop first. (I'm not too familair with the s300 unit)

<p>Hey B thanks a lot, very helpful info. I was able to find out that my P28 was already converted to 5 speed so my ecu is just ready to received a basic map...</p>
<p>I was taking a look at the forum of hondata and the hondata s manager (software) and the only set up close to what I have is a D16y8 turbocharge but with 440 injectors and </p>
<p>I am using RC 750, so do you or anyone knows if I would be able to start my car and be able to drive like 45 miles to the dyno shop? Or if I would need to do some changes to </p>
<p>The basic map of the d16y8 turbocharge with the 440 injectors...</p>

the injectors need to match the injector multiplier. you'd be better off on a different motor with the same injector than the same motor with different injector.

*** Do anyone has a Basic Map for a D16 Turbo with 750 injectors?...***

There is not even 1 basic map on the S Manager with something close with 750 injectors, I belive that I saw only 0ne basic map for a H22 supercharge with injectors sized of 550, how can I made this basic map work with my set up?

PS: I had not ask Hondata yet cause is not that ease to get a map with them..

Last edited:
Back