Basket case 94 civic..........

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

swarty87

I just recently got my hands on this civic, and from looking at everything the kid did to it before i got it, its kind of a basket case. First off it has a distributor from a 1.8l, cobbled in with one bolt holding it in, and the timing belt is loose as shit. Obviously it runs like complete shit, and i do have the correct distributor on the way. it has a D15B7 block and the casting number in the head is PM3-11. from my research that block is supposed to have the PM9-6 head. am i going to have issues running this combination? I am not new at wrenching on cars being a full time mechanic, but i am new to hondas.

any help will be greatly appreciated,

thanks

If you're looking to modify it (new engine), I'd say start looking into the engine you want now. Pick something up and maybe even get a new wiring harness. May cost a little more in the short term, but the headaches from trying to figure out what the unqualified did really, really suck. You'll want to drive to the guy's house and give him an ear full.

all Im trying to figure out is if the head and block are compatible. if they are then Ill put a t-belt in and run it, but if its not ill start from scratch

Back