bathroom contest was fixed

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Even if you requested the information, they have had more than enough time to fabricate something now. Or they will use the fact that there were no rules set in place prior to the contest to determine the winner to their favor.

Happened to a chick I knew in some hottest this and that contest. It "appeared" that for every 2 votes she got, the other girl immediately got 3. Turned out the girl was a family friend of the guy who owned the company running the contest. First price was cash and a trip somewhere(I forget). Second price got the trip too though, so she bit the bullet and enjoyed the trip.

grade_a_bullshit_alert_trans.gif

Jay Verdoorn
Sep 1, 2008 10:39pm ETI am New Media Director for Record-Journal and oversee all activities for myrecordjournal.com, including the Extreme Bathroom Makeover. The winner was determined by the poll we set up through the polling service polldaddy.com. At 5pm on Thursday, August 28th, we looked at the poll results for the last time and the Cummings had the most votes and were declared the winner. The Record-Journal had no interest or influence in who won the contest. We used the pollpaddy service and accepted the results. I'm not sure what others have seen. From what I understand we've had the results hidden from the beginning. We wanted Saturday's event to be a surprise announcement. That would have been impossible if the results were visible. If you recognize any security breaches in the service or have any questions or concerns please contact me at jverdoorn@record-journal.com.

Comments have been disabled for this poll.

fuck these motherfuckers!

Write a letter to the editor. I doubt that they will publish it because they wouldn't want people to look further into it, but it's a shot.

The Record-journal is trying to cover their tracks, they closed the poll on polldaddy and deleted all comments. ha ha I have screen shots and d/l's of all comments posted. They also deleted the thread on the RJ forum. Hmmm if they are so certain that there's nothing to hide, why the need to remove thread and delete comments.

I'll be getting in touch with the media directory at the RJ