1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Batteries....

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by MugenCRX, Mar 4, 2006.

1. MugenCRX

MugenCRX Senior Member

Ok. I USED to have a 51 series Yellowtop Optima in my CRX. I bought it because it is sealed and can be relocated and not spill, yada yada yada. ANYWHO... the Optima took a shit on me. I have a warranty on it, so I go to Autozone and try to get it replaced. They don't have one in stock. Call around, NO Autozones in CO have one.

Ok, whatever, I get refunded my money and actually get $30 more than I paid for it originally. :mrgreen: I go to Checkers, nothing. I go to Advanced Auto Parts...again, nothing. Advanced is factory direct with Optima, and OPTIMA HAS NONE EITHER. Ebay, no luck. Basically... I think that there are NO 51 series Yellowtops in the country.

So now I need some help. What are people using for good gelcell batteries? Should I just buy a different Optima, and relocate it now? Or is there a better battery than an Optima that I should look into for better performance?

And I also have no idea where I should've posted this at, so feel free to move it to it's correct forum if this is not it. Thanks! :p

2. jamesA

jamesA Well known pissed off telephone guy VIP

Bump for Mugen.

3. MugenCRX

MugenCRX Senior Member

Ouch. Nothing? That hurts. :cry2:

4. 1995EGGuy

1995EGGuy Senior Member

Why don't you just get a Genuine Honda battery from the dealer... They are friggen awesome and way better than aftermarket batteries.

5. MugenCRX

MugenCRX Senior Member

Well, I just decided to buy a different Optima, and it is now relocated to the trunk. It actually went pretty good! I bought 12ft jumper cables and used that for the power! I'll post pics sometime soon.

And thanks 2000si! I was probably typing that as you posted yours! LOL! [​IMG]

6. EGProject

EGProject YEEEEAAHHHHH

Odyssey makes some pretty rad batteries.

7. Andrew

Andrew Well-Known Member

Pics of the jumper-cable setup!

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted