Batteries....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

MugenCRX

Ok. I USED to have a 51 series Yellowtop Optima in my CRX. I bought it because it is sealed and can be relocated and not spill, yada yada yada. ANYWHO... the Optima took a shit on me. I have a warranty on it, so I go to Autozone and try to get it replaced. They don't have one in stock. Call around, NO Autozones in CO have one.

Ok, whatever, I get refunded my money and actually get $30 more than I paid for it originally. :mrgreen: I go to Checkers, nothing. I go to Advanced Auto Parts...again, nothing. Advanced is factory direct with Optima, and OPTIMA HAS NONE EITHER. Ebay, no luck. Basically... I think that there are NO 51 series Yellowtops in the country.

So now I need some help. What are people using for good gelcell batteries? Should I just buy a different Optima, and relocate it now? Or is there a better battery than an Optima that I should look into for better performance?

And I also have no idea where I should've posted this at, so feel free to move it to it's correct forum if this is not it. Thanks! :p

Why don't you just get a Genuine Honda battery from the dealer... They are friggen awesome and way better than aftermarket batteries.

Well, I just decided to buy a different Optima, and it is now relocated to the trunk. It actually went pretty good! I bought 12ft jumper cables and used that for the power! I'll post pics sometime soon.

And thanks 2000si! I was probably typing that as you posted yours! LOL! :laugh:

Back