Battery Dying, Possible Causes?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hexen

I posted a couple days ago that my car died in a supermarket parking lot.

I cleaned off the battery terminals and got a jump. The battery charged fine, it was going + according to my voltmeter.
I didn't drive the car for about a day, and when I went back out... the battery was dead again.

I realize this could just be a bad battery, and I have already replaced the battery.
But this could also be something grounded out draining my battery, and I'm not going to know probably until sometime tomorrow when it will have time to have drained my whole battery.

Is this a common problem? I mean... is there something that commonly grounds out that wouldn't be immedately obvious?

Well once the car is on, it seems to be charging.

And it's only dying while it is left off... if the alternator wasn't working, it should still hold a charge, just shouldn't recharge right?

I attempted to check the ECU codes just incase...

I think this is correct right?
ecu.jpg

I turned it to AUX II and the SRS light blinked on and off and the check engine light stayed solid (no codes right?).

Until you find out the problem, why don't you completely disconnect the battery (with a full charge) after you park if for the night?

Back