Battery Indicator

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Alaminia

Help please! I'm def NOT a car expert. I turn it on and go and check basic stuff but I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Honda Civic and kinda refuse to give it up. So this forum might not be for me but I'm hoping someone out there can help without me having to go to a dealer and get my eyes poked out.

My bat indicator light came on when I was at a stop. Then the car started making noise like a belt was squeeling the a idk what else to say but also a whuurring noise. The engine did sputter a little but recovered quickly. Then the bat indicator light went off but the steering got tight. Now the light is on and remains on and the steering is still tight.

Here are my questions. What might the problem be? Also, what are the possible things I should check before I go to the dealer? I'd rather do as much as I can before paying them. The car is too hot right now for me to check the fluid levels.

Thank you whoever can help me >.<!!!!!

Last edited:
sounds like the accessory belts broke..just look on the driverside of the motor..there should be no more than 3 belts check to see if theyre there atleast

The belts are there and not squeeling. The fluids are all good. The AC stopped working too... The car has over 178k on it so any repairs at this point don't surprise me. The hoses and belts look ok from the top view. Gunna have to take it to a mechanic I guess. Wish it was the CV boots! Those I know how to fix after doing them 2 times on my old Honda and once on this on. Wish I knew more about cars. It's a kinda learn as you go thing for me >.<! Thanks for your help INJEN78

CV boots is that like axels? if you can replace axles then alternator shouldnt be a problem, also you can take you car to auto zone and they can check it. make you you battery is getting charged good luck

Back