Battery Issue

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Bl6CRX

Reason for question
Whats up guys, i've been having a problem with the battery draining overnight, I know that the alternator is charging fine via a voltometer check and the battery is holding power, but unless i disconnect the negative terminal, it will not have enough juice to start in the morning, im preety sure all the grounds are cool, i've checked them over a few times. . .

Actual Question

So im wondering is it possible for a battery have a charge, but loose it quickly when hooked up. I know that a battery going dead a number of times will reduce its capacity (and this one has a few times from me leaving lights on/radio w/sub). Im wondering if thats what happening here, also, can i see with decrease in capacity with a volt meter?

Can anyone who knows about this give me an answer and maybe a little explanation? THANKS

i work at a battery store and it is posible to have a full charge but it wont hold the charge when i drain is put on it. up prob need a new bat.

Originally posted by civicious@Nov 4 2004, 10:21 AM
:withstupid:

just like a cell phone battery...

after a while, it'll hold a charge, but not for very long.
[post=411958]Quoted post[/post]​

But if i don't have the terminals hooked up, it maintains a charge, with the voltmeter it will only drain like .1v after a few hours, do you still think that the battery is the problem, say a bad battery can hold a charge on its own, but lose it quickly when its hooked up, i know it sounds like a bad ground, but i've checked them and they all seem fine

anyone else have any input on this? Or anyone else have bad expierences with walmart battiers i can't see a problem if it has a warrenty, also thanks for advice Will.

I've been using walmart batteries as long as I can remember. $30 with a lifetime warranty, can't beat that shit. If/when it goes back, just take it back and return it. It's walmart, it's not like the minimum wage kid behind the counter gives a shit that you've returned 3 batteries this year.

When I had the blingedy-blangedy system in the fodo back in '02, I went through about 4 batteries that year. Walmart never seemed to give a fuck, and a battery is a battery. Seriously, it's a battery. It's not like VTEC isn't gonna kick in as hard because you don't have an Optima.

It's walmart, it's not like the minimum wage kid behind the counter gives a shit that you've returned 3 batteries this year.
this is very trew. but hey if you sell batteries and can get an optima you can say walmart sucks but and why didnt you just get deep cycle bat for the fodo?

Back