1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Battery question

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by varrinb18c, Aug 28, 2010.

1. varrinb18c

varrinb18c New Member

My buddy hooked up my battery to my b16a crx with the key on and he told me it made a bunch of crackling noises and now the car wont start. what do you think he could have fried? the car still gets spark and fuel but wont start. the main fuse looks kinda black around the edges but isn't visibly blown.

2. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

No way to really tell from that description. You might want to check all the easy connections first- battery, distributor, random plugs all over the engine bay- but I would start by opening up your main relay and looking inside of it for cracked solder joints.

3. varrinb18c

varrinb18c New Member

i checked the main relay today and i get 3 clicks through the process so that means its ok right?

4. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

If it clicks once for every key position as you turn, yeah that should be right. I think. If it continues to click after you're in the "on" position something's wrong.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted