1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Battery Tool Kits

Discussion in 'Members' Lounge' started by reckedracing, Nov 7, 2019.

1. TurboMirage

TurboMirage YEEAAAHHH VIP

2 batteries and a free tool?

so for the ryobi deal, you get 2 batteries, a charger and a bag for $149. add a free tool.

OR

the link i posted above gives you 2 batteries, a charger and a bag for $149. with a bunch of tools.

i guess the deal makes sense if you already have a set and looking to expand......

2. wildbillhatchbac

wildbillhatchbac the OG VIP

Well there goes my idea of stealing your batteries.

Seriously though. I bought a Ryobi impact driver 4 plus years ago and used the shit out of it. it was a deal where you buy a charger/battery you get a battery for free and then bought the tool priced pretty low. years later I wanted a recip saw (sawzall) and found it priced at like $70 bucks tool only. Ryobi had me hooked at this point with their battery so I wanted to stay with their brand. I ended up buying a drill, recip saw, circular saw, flash light, 2 battery, 1 charger kit for like $129. The circular saw is awesome, cuts more square than my plug in.

I don't use them to make money just my hobbies, with Ryobi brand i'm now rolling with 5 tools (if you count the flash light which I use more than I had expected) 4 batteries and 2 chargers for around $230 :imgone:

TurboMirage, E_SolSi and |Chaz| like this.
  3. TurboMirage

TurboMirage YEEAAAHHH VIP

4. awptickes

awptickes unimpressed by you VIP

I got a Bauer impact from Hazard Fraught. $100 and got an extra battery, impact adapters, magnetic sockets, and a bag thing that's worthless. I've had it for about three weeks now.

It's not bad, but I wish it had torque control and better speed control.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
    TurboMirage likes this.
  5. Jeef

Jeef NO MA'AM Moderator VIP

I have seen a few of the 1/4" Bauer impacts drivers on job sites that were total pos's. Overheating, short battery life, and not the best control. Just a heads up that it my not hold up if you are using it a lot.

|Chaz| likes this.
  6. awptickes

awptickes unimpressed by you VIP

So far so good. I've been using it for a while, basically as a "bolt/nut remover" for everything. I still hand-tighten everything.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted