Battery Trunk Relocation Kit

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

GSRCRXsi

Super Moderator
VIP
ok guys ive been looking at these, and ive only seen a few on ebay, but how come they only come with like 3-6 ft of negative cable, but like 12-20 ft of positive cable, why so short on the negative cable? also i dont know if one kit is gonna be better than any other so if anyone knows a good kit or has done it, could you tell me how hard the install is? thanks.

Because you can ground to the chassis (anywhere), but the positive lead has to run to the cable that it was connected to in the engine bay.

umm I believe because you run a 12-20 ft of positive cable for power up front, to save space no battery, then you can run the ground from the battery to somewhere in the back, like a good bracket of a seat or something like that, this is just I have heard but not positive.

so where does the negative cable from the engine bay go? also after you run the cable from the engine bay to the trunk, how would you connect the two cables? also how hard would running the wire be?

on my 92 civic, one wire from the negative cable goes to the underhood fuse box, and the other bolts near the top of the wheel well. you should be able to ground it anywhere on the chassis.

Originally posted by SixtySecondAssassin@Feb 1 2003, 07:29 PM
on my 92 civic, one wire from the negative cable goes to the underhood fuse box, and the other bolts near the top of the wheel well. you should be able to ground it anywhere on the chassis.

thats not what i meant, i meant after you relocate the battery, where does the old negative cable go? can you just disconnect it?

also, since you brought it up, since the negative cable connects to more than one place, would it matter to the things it connects to, for example a fusebox? also after the relocation, where should i connect the negative to? any specific place that would work? someone give me a specific place that would work without me having to drill a hole somewhere, thanks.

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi+Feb 1 2003, 06:51 PM-->
thats not what i meant, i meant after you relocate the battery, where does the old negative cable go? can you just disconnect it?

take it off.

GSRCRXsi
@Feb 1 2003, 06:51 PM
also, since you brought it up, since the negative cable connects to more than one place, would it matter to the things it connects to, for example a fusebox?

ground the fuse box to the hole that it was already grounded to.

its only really good on front wheel drive cars if your gona put a turbo inthat spot. other that that id leave it in the front. the more weight that is distributed in the front the better traction.

4th gen batteries are in the way, 5th gen + aren't.

the purpose of moving to the back is for room, and a little help in weight distribution. batteries weigh liek 40 lbs or so.. so taking it to the back is effectivly an 80lb difference (off front, add to rear) helps even out the balance a little bit.

ok guys thanks for your help, but has anyone on here ever installed one? i was jus wondering if it was hard. also i was wondering if you car run the cable through the car or would you HAVE to go outside the car, because ive heard that you cannot have a power wire run through the car. someone please help. also i see many different kits on ebay, are they good or are they shit? i see some that look to have everything, but then again i dont know everything that is needed. is any kit superior to any other? any and all help will be appreciated, thanks.

has anyone on here ever installed one?

no, but I have basic electrical knowledge
i was just wondering if it was hard

it shouldn't take more than half an hour
also i was wondering if you car run the cable through the car or would you HAVE to go outside the car

you can run power cables through the car. how do you think an amp gets connected?
after you relocate the battery, where does the old negative cable go?

I'd ground the old neg. cable to the chasis
where should i connect the negative to?

Seat belt mounts and seat brackets work good, as do many bolts
i see many different kits on ebay, are they good or are they shit?

I'd get a new one from a magazine just because there not that expensive

Hope all this helps....

ok go to your local parts stor buy ten or 12 feet of battery cable and a trailer battery box
first you make sure the bat is bolted down or your dead if you gat in an acdnt that thing will kill you if run power cables away froom stereo wires ( it will prevent interfernce) the drill a hole to the out side of the car and run the vent tube yes you need one batterys have to be vented and unless you want to suck up fumes and shit vent it next seal the box add battery and you done dont remove the ground fronm under the hood just cut if at thr right length and ground it under a bolt

Back