Battlefield 3

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

<------ animal_muther1

I play pc...some asshole took my animal_muther name I have used for years. So far the gameplay is a lot different and much more difficult compared to bf2 and bf bc2.

<------ animal_muther1

I play pc...some asshole took my animal_muther name I have used for years. So far the gameplay is a lot different and much more difficult compared to bf2 and bf bc2.

Has anyone got in the helo yet? How is it?

i find the campaign to be a little dissapointing. lots of little thing about the marines, and weapons bother me. But im also of the opinion that being in the military can ruin games. what your guys opinions for those of you that have played it

I would assume if you were in the military and saw active duty you might not be interested in games like this. I could be wrong but if you killed people in real life it might not be appealing.

As for the helo, I was in the little black birds, pretty freaking sick. The maps are huge!

Thats always the case with the Battlefield series. They want people to play multiplayer because you keep using their product for a much longer time frame.

A friend and I played through the first 2 co-op missions. One of them is a helicopter mission where 1 player pilots and the other guns. If you have someone to play it with, that mission is a good introduction to the helicopter mechanics.

Helicopters are MUCH 'harder' to fly effectively in this one, as compared to say Bad Co 2. Maybe it was just the helo we were in, but it took a good 20 minutes to figure out how to use the controls without crashing the bird. Movements have to be deliberate, throttle control is super important, and once you take too much damage the bird will have systems failures that make it harder to fly. (engine fires, engine failures, etc)

Haven't loaded up a multiplayer game, or done any campaign beyond the little intro on the train but it seems ok so far.

Soldier name is Arbalest.762 add me if you want.

Downloading this now for PC

origin ID is: sp00lin
Which will be my in game name too I think

Last edited:
operation metro so far is my favorite map...Im still getting pwned but once you start getting upgrades and catching up with other people its gets better.

I'm impressed so far. Multiplayer is pretty laggy but they'll get it figured out. 64 player conquest is epic. It's like constant chaos, which is what I loved about the earlier Battlefield games.

I'm impressed so far. Multiplayer is pretty laggy but they'll get it figured out. 64 player conquest is epic. It's like constant chaos, which is what I loved about the earlier Battlefield games.

It took them about 15 patches before they figured it out on BF2, but then again, by that time a lot of traffic had dropped off.

I didn't start playing Bad Company 2 until a little while after it came out. It always played without a hitch for me :shrug2:
Hopefully the pressure from MW3 will get their asses in to gear a little more quickly this time.

I didn't start playing Bad Company 2 until a little while after it came out. It always played without a hitch for me :shrug2:
Hopefully the pressure from MW3 will get their asses in to gear a little more quickly this time.

Not BF BC2, actual Battlefield 2, the predecessor to Battlefield 3, not the made for console garbage they passed off for a couple years.

Played it for five minutes and found a bug. In the beginning when you are on the roof and taking out the sniper, once you kill the sniper, and cover the other Marines escape, you have to use the wood plank to cross over the roofs. If you go back too the door that you came out of originally, when you come around the corner towards your guys, the sniper reappears, and instantly kills you ...lol?

I may be one of the only people that has noticed this but it bugged me.

Attachments

• weak.JPG
    weak.JPG
    86.8 KB · Views: 231
I gotta take this over to my dads house and install it on his machine, I can't run it at full everything, his can without breaking a sweat though, I wanna see it.

It looks pretty impressive even on the out of the box settings. Might try turning up the settings to full and play some campaign just because.

My comp will likely melt lol this game seems demanding

Back