BayArea CA members! **beware**

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Thateguhate

I dont know if you guys have seen the news but the state has been granted a large sum of money to police dept task forces, cops that target any and every modified car. I WAS JUST VICTIM TO THIS FUCKIN BS

I was driving Vals accord with her in the passenger side over by our apartment in San Mateo on El Camino real.. I seen a cop quickly getting on the radio on the opposing side of traffic. 5 blocks later I see a car with the lights blarring coming for us.. NOT THE SAME COP...

Ok, I pulled you over for a modified exhaust now can you pop the hood? ok......

You have an illegal intake and exhaust were writing you up for and you must go to the state ref to take care of it.. NO SIGN OFFS!!

Then I told the cop, "with all do respect , dont you think it was a bit ridiculous to chase me down 5 blocks through traffic for an intake and exhaust..?

He replies with I know your are trying to say were profiling and "no were not" and btw do you streetrace? "officer im 20 years old and this car has 90 fuckin hp to the wheels, no I dont streetrace.." SHOULD HAVE SAID FUCK YEAH
Then..... He says... now wait in your car while our team investigator is coming to view your car...

takes pics of EVERTHING!!!!!!! Her intake , seats, exhaust, honda-girls sticker

Then to boot, hands me the ticket with my godamn fuckin name on it when its her car... HOW THE HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO FIX SOMEONE ELSES CAR?!?!?!?!

Just wanna make it known to lay low, if you have a stock muffler throw it on for the weekend. This is happening over the entire bay area...

Thats definitly sucks, but it could be worse. People I know have had to undue swaps to go to the ref.

Put the stock stuff back on and get it taken care of.

In the future, get CARB approved stuff and keep the paperwork with you.

Unfortuanlty, this problem is not going to go away. You could be driving stock CRX HF with 60hp and they'd still think you were a street racer.

Buts its the assholes that still do street race who are to blame.

i'm not too worried about it.. i got my b16 BAR'd.. woot!

It may not be the actual sphincter, but it IS still part of the overall anus.

Blanco said:
And this is why I'm getting everything on my car BAR Certified. They eat a fucking dick when they look at the shiney sticker that says the Ref already ok'd everything.
:werd: +1

+2 for not living in Cali. Its such a shame that a place of such vast car culture and variety can also be the first state to profile so many people for such stupid things. The murder rate is what in LA?

I can think of 439064545 things the state could do with that money that would be more beneficial to the state than chasing down cars and writing tickets for "illegal" parts.

Mexifornial for the lose.

Unfortunately, it won't be long until MA does the same . :mad:

i haven't got hassled once .. but i dont live in LA.. about 1.5 hrs north of there though

1 reason I got the BAR sticker...

but yes, that's also another reason I don't have aftermarket exhaust... that's just asking for it. i haven't been asked once to pop my hood, nor do i think i ever will be. i'm not fast enough to be illegal yet.

Back