bbc on 9/11 conspiracy stuff

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

is it just me or when you click on this link and look at the map on the upper left side there is a nazi symbol in the middle of the map.

These people are conspiracy theorists. Lots of them believe that we are still in cahoots with NAZIs.

I believe the official story. I mean what did they have to gain? It's not like anybody made a shitload of money from this. It's not like the Fed gained even more power over the populace. You conspiracy theorists are crazy. The American government would never lie to it's citizens. Relax, watch some T.V., and pay attention to the commercials so you'll know what to buy. That's right, everything's gonna be ok, just keep working that 9-5 and pay your taxes. Don't worry about the big stuff, we got it covered ;)

Oh God. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

All I know is that buildings don't fall straight down at the speed of gravity from damage at the upper levels.

Sure they do if you seriously weaken the main structural members of the buildings. Once one major component goes, everything else follows.

Just because 3000 is the melting point doesn't mean that at 2000 it isn't gonna weaken.

:werd:

The big pools of molten metal at the bottom of the cleanup site are what they're wondering about. Plus the truckloads of missing gold...

:rolleyes:

These people are conspiracy theorists.

Besides, it's much easier to just not question coincidences and things that don't make sense to you. That's why they have all those smart folks working at the government. We pay them to think and make decisions for us, that's what makes us a republic.

Besides Cal, a war on terror is good for Lockheed stock, right? (wink wink nudge nudge)

My problem with all the 9/11 conspiracy theories and videos (and I've stated this before on here) is that no one with any legitimate credibility has ever proposed any alternate explanation for what happened. It's always some douche-bag college kids who think they're brilliant or some basement-dwelling nerd with mediocre video editing skills putting these videos together, and that doesn't make me inclined to put much stock into them.

I'm very interested to see what this official report will find...

I believe the official story. I mean what did they have to gain? It's not like anybody made a shitload of money from this. It's not like the Fed gained even more power over the populace. You conspiracy theorists are crazy. The American government would never lie to it's citizens. Relax, watch some T.V., and pay attention to the commercials so you'll know what to buy. That's right, everything's gonna be ok, just keep working that 9-5 and pay your taxes. Don't worry about the big stuff, we got it covered ;)

I like your sarcastic style lol....

My problem with all the 9/11 conspiracy theories and videos (and I've stated this before on here) is that no one with any legitimate credibility has ever proposed any alternate explanation for what happened. It's always some douche-bag college kids who think they're brilliant or some basement-dwelling nerd with mediocre video editing skills putting these videos together, and that doesn't make me inclined to put much stock into them.

I'm very interested to see what this official report will find...

I find it disturbing, this rampant, illogical line of reasoning that unless it's "certified" by a "professional" it's not credible.

Maybe we should create a govt. agency to approve peoples opinions so we'll know who to believe :roll:

Besides Cal, a war on terror is good for Lockheed stock, right? (wink wink nudge nudge)

Actually, we'll still sell all the key stuff even if there is no war on terror... from the US side anyway. For what I build, foreign sales will skyrocket if/when we pull out of Iraq. ;)

I find it disturbing, this rampant, illogical line of reasoning that unless it's "certified" by a "professional" it's not credible.

Maybe we should create a govt. agency to approve peoples opinions so we'll know who to believe :roll:

Why is what I said so illogical? I didn't say that people's opinions need to be certified by professionals. Obviously they don't, and shouldn't be. They're opinions, and anyone is welcome to believe anything that they like. That's the definition of an opinion, is it not?

I'm just saying that the majority of these videos are made by people with no credibility (i.e. they're not scientists, they're not engineers, they're not demolitions experts). All they do is point out the obvious questions that any of us would ask, and most of the questions have been refuted and/or explained by actual scientists/engineers/demolitions experts/etc. The Popular Mechanics article is the obvious example, but there have been other credible explanations as well.

I'm not saying that everything has been explained to my satisfaction, or that I necessarily 100% believe the existing explanations, but as of right now I'm going to err on the side of "it's not a giant government conspiracy" until I receive credible and sensible evidence from people in the know rather then Joe Douchebag community college student sitting in his mom's basement putting conspiracy theory videos together with photo editor.

Why is this position so illogical? Did I not say that I'm looking forward to the official reports?

I was just pointing out how dangerous it is to only believe "official" reports. If you can't recognize that, I can't convince you.

I was just pointing out how dangerous it is to only believe "official" reports. If you can't recognize that, I can't convince you.

I don't, necessarily. I'm just saying that the majority of these conspiracy videos that people cite as "evidence" are crap, and completely unconvincing. There have actually been some decent arguments made by credentialed persons (reference AE911Truth for examples) I wish that they would publish a definitive report or put out a book or produce a documentary or something of that nature.

Stuff like "Loose Change" however, doesn't do much for me. There have been what, three different cuts of that movie released because they had to go back and fix inaccuracies? And the creators were some guy who couldn't even get into film school and a former soldier who got booted out of the army for desertion. That kind of crap doesn't convince me of anything...

I don't, necessarily. I'm just saying that the majority of these conspiracy videos that people cite as "evidence" are crap, and completely unconvincing. There have actually been some decent arguments made by credentialed persons (reference AE911Truth for examples) I wish that they would publish a definitive report or put out a book or produce a documentary or something of that nature.

Stuff like "Loose Change" however, doesn't do much for me. There have been what, three different cuts of that movie released because they had to go back and fix inaccuracies? And the creators were some guy who couldn't even get into film school and a former soldier who got booted out of the army for desertion. That kind of crap doesn't convince me of anything...

Fuckin :werd: Im waitin for somethin that was put togather by real professionals, who are not on government payroll. When an engineer, or a demolition expert makes an arguement with hard facts to back them, then Ill listen to em.

Why would they risk jeopardizing their professional credentials? The scientist, engineers, and other professionals who are on the govt. bankroll will declare them incompetent. Not worth it, it's a battle they can't win.

Somebody's got to start things rolling though. If no one ever speaks up the independent investigation will never come. If enough people speak up, then it might...

"3 jet fighters went on a training mission 180 miles away. Leaving only 14 fighters to defend the whole country."

Umm... bullshit.

Also, fighters fly training missions every day, multiple times a day. This is not an uncommon occourance.

I'm pretty sure we have at least 17 fighter jets at the local AFB. I've personally seen about ten at one time, and that's in Alaska. There's definitely more down in the lower 48.

Back