BBK 70MM THROTTLE BODY ON LS....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

402's are way to small. you said you want to run low 14's high 13's? not with 402's your not. go bigger. money a problem? you can pick up a set of used 404's for 250 plus springs an retainers all about 450. but deff go with a bigger cams. o i think 403's are a little bigger than type r's.

404s are about on par with the ITR cams

The 403s are closer to the GSR cams.

Originally posted by StyleTEG@Apr 29 2004, 03:29 PM

i dont want to argue but by looking at the cam specs the 403's are bigger than the r's. like i said i dont want to argue b/c i could be reading it wrong but check out the specs.

I am actually running a 70mm STR TB with Skunk2 IM, and the power gains are there. But I did need to up my fuel pressure. But with those mods my GSR pulls hard.

Show some dynos, I'd like to see what kind of gains you get from it. Where do you notice gains at????

Originally posted by gen23teg@Apr 29 2004, 04:25 PM
I am actually running a 70mm STR TB with Skunk2 IM, and the power gains are there. But I did need to up my fuel pressure. But with those mods my GSR pulls hard.

im running intake/skunk2 IM/headers/and FPR, i upped my fuel pressure just a few psi and i noticed a little gain on my b18a....i plan on picking up a head and placing high rpm springs, and a larger cam, i am currently looking in to toda cams and crower valve springs, how do you think a stock block would hold up for this daily driver, APR rod bolts would also be in place, my rev limiter is set at 7,000rpms now, with that basic setup would it be possible to rev to 7,500-8,000rpms and still hold together? my swap is in a 90hatch and the guy i bought it from said it ran low 14's when he had it with just headers/intake....

another note: soon i will add adj cam gears, since i have taken some away some of my torque and bottom end with the addition of the IM, would it be straight to advance the timing 2degrees?

Originally posted by erebunicrx+Apr 29 2004, 03:52 PM-->
@Apr 29 2004, 03:29 PM

i dont want to argue but by looking at the cam specs the 403's are bigger than the r's. like i said i dont want to argue b/c i could be reading it wrong but check out the specs.

Stock Specs from GSR

Advertised Duration
Int-274 mid
Exh-276 mid

Duration @ .050"
Int-230 mid
Exh-216 mid

Gross Lift w/1.55
Int-.423 mid
Exh-.378 mid

403s
Advertised Duration
Int- 243
Exh - 246

Duration @ .050"
Int- 211
Exh- 210

Gross Lift w/1.75
Int- .423
Exh- .409

Originally posted by gen23teg@Apr 29 2004, 05:25 PM

What realivance does this have to this thread? Thats like saying, "these weber carbs worked great on my chevy 350, get them for your b16" The topic is about a b18b. Also, did you even dyno this to prove that there is actual gains. Butt dyno is as good as a APC windsheild dyno.

As every one else said, your going to need to do alot more then crower 402 cams if your looking for low 14's. Your moding your car in the wrong order. Your mods will only help you AFTER you do your internals.

Back