Be Careful Who You Ride With And Wear Your Belt

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

deth101

hollo all,sorry I havent been posting the past couple of weeks,things went crazy.
On the plus side I pulled my b16a2 out of a 00 si,30,000 miles and sooo clean :D the downers started even before I was done pulling it,my best freind caught a ride home from work with a 17 year old girl,she drifted into the shoulder and overcorrected spinning the car[80's olds],went into a ditch backwards flipped end to end 3 times then rolled twice,my buddy was in the back seat with no belt on,[6'2" 280# 36 years old],went out the back window,the trunk opened at some point and he caught a tire-iron in the right lung collasping it,broke his left wrist and his back,got lifeflighted to the hospital where they fused his lower lumbar #5+6+7.He is a new parapalligec just starting rehab today[all your prayers are appricated].This has been very hard on all of us most of all him.REMEMBER,life can change in an instant,pick your rides carefully and wear your belt even in back.I'll be posting questions about doing my swap and his condition,thanks for reading and give out a prayer if you can.Peace and Love,Dylan.

Wow. Good luck to your friend- it looks like he can use some right now. Best wishes on some kind of recovery.

he's a tough ass so we'll keep up the good fight and his attitude couldnt be more positive.thank you for your kind words, youve always been so cool :worthy: .

ive been through a bad accident myself (not quite that bad)
but a possitive attitude will definatly help
it wont beat him if he doesnt let it

i wish him the best of luck

sorry to hear about your friend. i hope he makes it OK. what did they do about the girl? did they charge her with anything??

I am sorry about your friend man. My mom has a friend that yeah got a bad wreck and is now also a parapallegic and he has come a long long way, he now teaches to other parapallegic's about how to use talking software to control a computer at the local community college and most of this came from faith and the thought of having someone helping you all yoru life, so he decided different. Tell him to have faith and never to give up at all costs.

Wow, best of luck with your friend. My prayers are with you guys. He'll get through, positive attitude+faith=recovery. Good Luck! :)

no charges but the ambulance chasers are all interested and I intend to make shure his costs and worries are covered,we were on the phone earlier and I read him a few of your replies and they made him feel great,thank you all :worthy:

cool deal man. tell your bud to hurry his ass up and get well so you can take him for a ride in a real car :)

Hey, sorry to hear about your friend!

My dad suffered an extremely severe trauma about 5 years ago, was life-flighted, somehow managed to survive(barely). He suffered several broken vertebrae, a very severe fracture of the skull, several fractures to the facial bones around his cheek area, swelling of the brain and I could go on and on. It's been 5 years since that happened, and He has made a 100 percent full recovery! He's in his 50's and despite all this trauma, he still works full time home construction and absolutely amazes me in the things he is capable of. Other than his scars, You'd never know he was on his death bed a couple years ago. I believe whole heartedly that the reason he's here today and was able to recover from something that should have killed him is the fact that he had a lot of faith and a lot of people praying for him! I will keep him in my prayers and I know a lot of other people will too! I know it seems overwhealming right now, but I witnessed a miracle and if you keep the faith, you'll see one too!

Also, On a totally unrelated note, I noticed your name is DYLAN and according to your profile, you live in Iowa. Well, my name is DYLAN too and I'm in Omaha, Nebraska. I just thought that was kind of a weird coincidence.

Keep you head up!

Later,
Dylan

Hope everything works well for your buddy, the only thing I hate about these hondas is that they are almost crushable upon site. They ain't no Caddy....

Milan

Hey man, I'm not much into praying and God, and everything, but reading about your friend, and Xzilers dad, all this brought a tear to my eye. My dad nor has anyone of my family members survived a thing as bad as this. i hope he does alright, and Xziler I hope your dad conitues to AMAZE you man, my dad does. The reason I say that is becuase My dad is on workman compensationg for two herniated discs in he upper neck/back and one in his lower back he's been going to therapy every day for te past 8 weeks... Aside from the stress of W/C not paying as much as my dad used to make, adn the financial troubles we are in, he amazes me man, So I hope your dad does well, well Im out now Good Luck to all....

Back