Be gentle

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

xj0hnx

I wanna be sedated
VIP
Newb to boost, found turbo REAL cheap, need advice.

So my friend has a T3 AirResearch off a Saab, it's oil cooled, not the water cooled one. He also has the Stock Saab mini intercooler with it, oil feed and return lines (probably need replaced anyway) He says it's in good shape, no shaftplay blah, blah, blah...

My question is, would this make a good first boost project? Second, I am in Germany, and finding custom piping maybe a problem as well as a manifold/downpipe (anyone know if the flanges are the same as say, a Garret?), anyone have a line on somewhere that can make them? I don't want to try my hand just yet at fabbing my own.

Fuel management (deer in headlights), I have a VAFC, would this be sufficient for this small turbo running low boost (not trying to blow up my motor yet), Injectors/fuel pumps that I can find out on my own, but this are what come to mind when thinking about installing it.

Any advice would be helpful, thanks

Oh, the car was crushed with the manifold in it, so no I can't just cut that flange off and weld it to a another mani. And no, I am not building up my motor for this, as is yO!!!

Yes, I sort of asked about this before, but now I have some more details I was lacking then

im not familiar with Saab turbos... but if it is a TRUE t3, then any t3 manifold will bolt up to it. i don't know if air research usees differen't #'s than Garret.

if needed, a lot of places sell flanges- http://www.full-race.com/pd_turboflange.html for example. there's tons more.

vafc hack wil be fine for you. a nice 6 psi, and some 450 dsm injectors, and a pump will be more than enough.

intercooler??

piping, you can use just about anything that won't melt or leak. a lot of turbo oem cars use rubber/silicon piping.

Here's some pics of the turbo in question, I haven't bought it yet, but I am thinking I may. He talked to a place that can make a manifold for it, so, if anyone sees some reason not to buy it, let me know. Oh yea, and the shaft is SOLID, 0 play...

s403cfe48a1238.jpg

s403cfe1a04e33.jpg

s403cfe606dde3.jpg

s403cfe01975f8.jpg

s403cfdb0641af.jpg

s403cfe606dde3.jpg

Back