Beaks kit

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

vtecsir1

I ordered a Beaks kit from Wil at beaksproducts.com recently and I just wanted to post here to let you guys know how great they treated me and that they have an excellent product. Sorry if this is the wrong forum area, I figured suspension forum that it was relevant.

yeah sure thing, just need to get everything ready probably next week or so and i will have pics for everyone.

what did ya order, just curious, let me know how it goes, thought about doing that sometime, right now i'm doing all my suspension, like springs, shocks, and camber alignment kits.

here is what i purchased:

jdm itr 23mm swaybar, brand new 23mm bushings
- purchased from password:jdm who also has kick ass support

beaks eg kit - subframe reinforcement purchased at www.beaksproducts.com

us itr 22mm d link brackets- these fit the 23mm bar purchased at www.acuraautomotiveparts.org

car setup currently:

95 civic hatch
nuespeed race springs
kyb gr-2 shocks
gsr swaybar
front and rear strut bars

i know some may say the bar is to large and it will create a lot of oversteer but i have driven a similar setup and liked the way it felt. if any of you have this setup tell me your feelings on it.

Originally posted by vtecsir1@Jan 5 2005, 03:24 PM

[post=441610]Quoted post[/post]​

hey, how much was that set up, just trying to get a feel for the price

Originally posted by 92dxhatch+Jan 5 2005, 06:00 PM-->
@Jan 5 2005, 03:24 PM

hey, how much was that set up, just trying to get a feel for the price
[post=441635]Quoted post[/post]​

Ditto I'm doing suspension and breaks this summer and would like to know.

the beaks kit is $70 shipped i believe

jdm itr swaybar was $100 and the bushings were $10
but shipping killed me, $40

22mm itr d brackets were $16 shipped

$236 total

instead of the jdm itr i would recommend getting the 22mm since its $40 cheaper, i would have but i didnt even think about it until after i ordered.

this can all be had for about $220 or less depending on which you decide to go with or if you can get it locally.

maybe i will do a right up if anyone wants once i complete it, im trying to get ready for this years autox events in central florida area.

next thing will be the b18 motor that was givin to me but first i want to learn how to drive my car better before i add more power.

yeah, if you could, do a right up, it would be good for the (DIY)ers , but yeah that price sounds good,maybe this summer, after i get my suspention in this weekend, i'm going with the rear disc conversion, if your interested, you can get the whole setup at http://store.yahoo.com/yhst-1408381693991/usjdmredibrf1.html
this is for 92-95 civics, with a proporstioning vavle, you can aslo get one for 96 and above also. thanks for the info

Originally posted by vtecsir1@Jan 5 2005, 06:24 PM

i know some may say the bar is to large and it will create a lot of oversteer but i have driven a similar setup and liked the way it felt. if any of you have this setup tell me your feelings on it.

FWIW, don't worry about oversteer, thet car will still be understeer biased at the limit but much easier to rotate with trail braking and lift-throttle induced oversteer. I use a 23mm on my GSR and it still handles like a FF car, it is OK but don't expect any miracles from a rear swaybar :)

Back