Bearings!!!!Bearings!!!!Bearings!!! !

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

origdocdre

Someone help!
I have an accord wagon Lx, automatic, with the nissan braking system, drums on the rear.
recently discovered that my bearings were worn out.
Replaced Bearings, rotors, pads, struts, stabilizer bushings, and tie rod ends. in order to curb any further vibration.
I deliver mail in this car, and anyone who knows this car knows how expensive it is to change anything dealing with the rotors, bearings, etc.
Long story short. My bearings are now shot again. I believe my rotors are warped. and tires don't last.

WHAT IS THE BEST THING I CAN DO TO RELEAVE ME OF THIS PROBLEM?
Whether it be a swap of parts, or replace with better parts.

Last edited:
Find another car.

WOW that was really helpful !! Next time put a lil more effort in it , or just Shut the fuck up !!

Someone help!
I have an accord wagon Lx, automatic, with the nissan braking system, drums on the rear.
recently discovered that my bearings were worn out.
Replaced Bearings, rotors, pads, struts, stabilizer bushings, and tie rod ends. in order to curb any further vibration.
I deliver mail in this car, and anyone who knows this car knows how expensive it is to change anything dealing with the rotors, bearings, etc.
Long story short. My bearings are now shot again. I believe my rotors are warped. and tires don't last.

WHAT IS THE BEST THING I CAN DO TO RELEAVE ME OF THIS PROBLEM?
Whether it be a swap of parts, or replace with better parts.

Ok first question , did you preform the work yourself or pay someone to install new wheel bearings, rotors, and tie rods?

Second , did the car get an alignment after the the car was worked on ?

What is the car doing that makes you think that the new set of bearings bad, and the rotors being warped? Also are you losing all your tread or just the inner or outer tread is going away faster than the rest on your tires.

I dont know where you buy your parts but I like to spend the extra 20 bux and buy from the Honda dealership. Honda makes great pruducts and last a good while. vs Aftermarket (ie: napa, autozone, carmax,advance auto, ect) .

Even with aftermarket parts , the ones that were installed , should not go bad that quick , but you drive your car alot and since your in a dail up area , and deliver mail in an Accord wagon, I assume that you live in the middle of BFE. And drive quite a distance in your mail route everyday . How many miles are on the parts that was installed ?

ok here is whats going on

I the rotors with :EBC GD649, as well as the green stuff pads to fit the stock caliper
the shocks i have are Kyb Gr-2 stuts. with the stock springs
the bearing i used is an aftermarket part. i could not find a high performance bearing anywhere.(I did look for one).
for the honda dealer to put on the new parts was 300 dollars per side
so i had a local repair shop to put it on. they lined up the front wheels as good as possible.
but i usually go to Sears to do alignments, so thats where I went.
Car drove fine. no shake, shimmey or anything.
after about a week of work. noticed that i was starting to have smoke coming from the wheel area. then started to notice the shaking and everything.

damn smoke coming from the wheel area... only a week after the work was preformed... I would take it back to whom preformed the work .

But if you bought the parts and had the tech install them . They just blame it on the aftermarket parts. The rotors and hub bearings are pressed together with the steering knuckle. I have never heard of any set of wheel bearings fall out after a week of driving . I dont care if you put 3000 miles on them in a week .

The smoke you saw. did it smell like brakes or grease burning ? If your bearings are bad , for some fucked up reason , then it would affect the ride .

If your rotors are bad . Then youll get a heavy vibration in the steering wheel when your breaking . Are you getting the vibration all the time , or jsut when you brake..

THe parts that you installed dont seem like cheap ass parts..

BtW they do make Hp wheel bearings for 4th and 5gen accords.

I will get back to you with the link .

I've got a 93 EX Wagon. Don't know about yours but I have disks all the way around. If you don't, the mod is worthwhile and widely documented. The rotors and bearings are all one big goopey system up front. I replaced mine once with no problems except I remember having to get pretty creative busting out the old bearings and using a special bolt-down order to fully press the new bearings in. I didn't use OEM parts but things still worked out OK.

it might also be a controle arm problem. if it is then no matter how many allingments you do to it theyll just keep gettin screwy.

Have the shop ( or do it yourself) check the pins that calipers float on, not sure of the exact technical name. They have a tendency to bind up and cause the brakes to drag which leads to warped rotors and vibration that usually worse when braking. (I'm assuming the smoke was from the front wheel)

Back