beast of all beast turbo motor

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hey i just got a great deal on a b20 block. the price is 300 dollars the only thing that it needs is bearings. i would use my jdm b16a head from my current motor but i want to use that motor as my reserve motor i want to send the block out to get resleeved for my turbo setup, but do u think that was a good deal on the block? and no its not from the prelude.

if it was a longblack it was a good deal if it was bare no. I would've bought it if it came with everything minus tranny/head and applicable components. If it has a spun bearing then I'd render it worthless (i don't know how to fix it). Crvtec turbo is gonna make you VERY happy, if you do it right it will last too. I think it will put you in the twelves N/A, so you might be lookin at an 11 second car.

no i didnt buy it yet but i was interested i was told that he would throw in some arp head bolts for a b16 head. and how fast would i be if i just put my head on the block and put it in my 2 door 93 integra. compare it to stock hondas and acuras

It would run like 3 minute quarters cause if you just put the head on the block and didnt get anything machined you'd have to push it ;) Seriously though if you got everything done right and you used stock internals it wouldnt be using either of those components to their full potential. I would get some higher c/r pistons atleast. But you could see good hp out of that combo. As times go your car isnt that light, you could be in the 14's though. Who knows. Do it and tell us.

B20b or B20z?

I picked up a B20b block for $250. with a b20b block you're lookin at probably mid to low 14's depending on how good a driver you are and track conditions. if it were the b20z block and if you're a good driver you can expect to be probably in the high 13's (and track conditions).

ok ive got the complete 411 in this block. for 300 dollars i am getting the block act clutch a arp head studs for my b16 head. good deal or not

change of materials. it is just the block for 300 dollars but it still has the crank rods and pistons in it. is it a good deal or not? :unsure:

current 411. i sent the block to the machine shop and they said that the rod bearings are gone and the crank was not scared but they are going to polish it and check the main bwarings also. i am just doing a semi built crvtec motor setup hear is the list

1:block
a:main bearings
b:rod bearings piston rings
c:block guard
d:stock internals
2:head
a:b16 head
b:gsr cams
3:fuel
a:720cc injectors
b:type R fuel pump
c:12:1 fmu
4:ecu
a:chiped ecu
b:hondata tuned for 15 psi

what do you think?

Add an oil pump to that too. You don't want slices of metal circulating through from the spun bearing.

Don't you think 720cc is a bit much?

Originally posted by possessedimports@Dec 15 2003, 02:23 PM
current 411. i sent the block to the machine shop and they said that the rod bearings are gone and the crank was not scared but they are going to polish it and check the main bwarings also. i am just doing a semi built crvtec motor setup hear is the list

1:block
a:main bearings
b:rod bearings piston rings
d:stock internals
2:head
a:b16 head
b:gsr cams
3:fuel
a:720cc injectors
b:type R fuel pump
c:12:1 fmu
4:ecu
a:chiped ecu
b:hondata tuned for 15 psi

what do you think?

i think your going to need a turbo unless the 15 psi is going to come from a compressor in your back seat. :lol:

you cannot run 720 cc's on an FMU
you cannot run an fmu with hondata
a type R fuel pump is no different than a civic cx's - get a walboro

Originally posted by possessedimports@Dec 15 2003, 10:23 AM

I suggest searching for the many block guard bashing topics on here, and rethink that. Get it posted before you do that.

ok ok ive forgot to put in what turbo it is a t3 turbine with a t3/4 compressor. i thnkthat they call it a 60- and ill change my fuel pump and instead of hondata ill just tune with the vafc: v2 and what do u think about 440cc injectors

my eclipse is on 440's now i think, bump them up a little so you're not always pushing the higher end of the flow spectrum
like slammed89integra said, search the block guard threads on this forum, you're probably better off getting it sleeved

He'll be fine with a block guard as long as it's welded in place and the block is bored again after installation to make sure all the cylinders run true... Block guards are only super duper crappy if you just drop them in and call it a day.

Originally posted by possessedimports@Dec 15 2003, 10:49 PM
ok ok ive forgot to put in what turbo it is a t3 turbine with a t3/4 compressor. i thnkthat they call it a 60- and ill change my fuel pump and instead of hondata ill just tune with the vafc: v2 and what do u think about 440cc injectors

why spend 449 on a vafc when you can spend 480 on a hondata s200 with boost and be in the position to be tuned much more properly?

<rant>i so don't understand why everyone fucking skimps on this over 40 fucking dollars. </rant>

But but but.... you can make adjustments on the fly and "butt tune" your engine on a VAFC!!!

:lol:

Back