Beat a Traffic Ticket

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

endlesszeal

Hey guys. I just wondered if anyone has ever won a contest with a traffic ticket, particularily (sp?) speeding? If you did, how long did you have to wait for a refund? It's been about a month and no sign of the $175 deposit into my account. It's curious why they are so eagar about taking money from your account and then it takes so long to put it back. Anyway, here are the details and steps I took to fight the damn ticket.

-I got pulled over doing 44mph in a 25mph School Zone around 7:50AM. (I was sleepy and had a Physics exam, so i didnt care and notice. However, usually am very alert and strongly suggest you stay alert when entering a restricted mph zone, such a SChool Zone ;) .)

-Officier was an ass-wipe, but I was still polite. Put down 56mph for the estimated and 44 for the Radar. Also, stupidly marked me as white male. (I'm Asian and about 5'6", how can i be white at that height?)

-In a school zone, its double the fine, so i was pretty upset. went to the school and got in touch the principal. she said school doesnt start until 8:30 and students dont show up till 8:15. i have a case now.

-Since the pig used a radar, i was also gonna use another loop hole in california. if a radar is used, the pig must have a mininum of 24hr of training and you can also use the speed trap rule. the street or highway you were pulled over on MUST have an up to date engineering survey and must be documented. Usually 5 yrs, but has some special cases where its 7.

-the pig put down cvc 22530 which states that the speed limit is the assumed safe speed limit and not the posted. he was suppose to put me down for 22532 for school zone.

-so i put together a report that basically says, since it was 7:50 and school doesnt start until 8:30 and no children were present, ;) , the posted 40mph was in effect. also since the fag put me down for 22350, it further indicated that it was in fact no a school zone citation. i also used the speed trap and radar loop hole in tandem.

-I filed for a trial over mail. where you fight over the mail and if you lose, you can ask for an in court trial. anyway, i lose :lol: ,but immediately filed for an incourt session.

-by now its been like 4 mos since my traffic ticket. the pig probably forgot and didnt show up, so i won on default. :p

anyway, thats how it all went down, and feel free to put any bad.good comments and if anyone knows how long till i get my money, thatd be great too.

a few years ago i was out cruising around one night and about 1am or so, i decided to go on home as i was tired as hell. i was going down this hill in the city and there was a "construction-35mph speed limit" sign at the bginning part of this construction area. well the road is normally 55mph. im doing around 50mph coming down this hill heading towards the construction zone which is marked off by on either side with orange cones. i see a cop sitting there radaring right at the edge of the construction zone. im still doing 50 and he comes up behinds me and flashes his lights and pulls me over. he gives me a speeding ticket. i took the ticket and decided i was gonna fight in court. i go to court and they call me and the cop up. cop tells the judge i was speeding..blah blah at 1am in the construction zone. i hen tell my side of the story and explain that it was at night and there was no construction going on so i didnt see the need to be doing 35mph and figured it was 55mph since it was at night and there was no construction workers. he looks at me and then asks the cop if what i said was correct and the cop agreed. the judge looked at me and said "case dismissed". i was happier than a pig in shit after he said that.

thats my story.

oh and dont expect the court to pay you money back anytime soon. they will take their sweet ass time in doing it. whats odd is that if you dontr pay them, they will suspend your license over non-payment. kinda odd isnt it???

on valentine's day, I got pulled over for alleged racing, evading the police, speeding (80 in a 50), failure to signal, violation of a city ordinance (loud exhaust), and no front license plate. the assistant DA is good friends with my family, and my lawyer just happened to be her husband. after letting it float around until about a week ago, I got off with a $25 fine for no front license plate.

i love the legal system.

Back