Beat Concept

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

92stoccord

Big Member
Has anyone heard about this? It would seem there's been some discussion about the revival of the Honda Beat. Googled images, and it looks pretty neat. Is this going to just be a tease for about a decade like the CR-Z was or is it more likely? And do you think we'll get it in America?

Motivation for the Beat is expected to come from one of Honda’s next-generation gas engines. It’ll either be the 1.3 or 1.5-liter advanced VTEC, due to appear in the company’s production cars starting next year.
Anyone know what this means exactly? Is this a new engine line that I haven't heard about yet? And if they were to put out a 2,200 lb. roadster with double wishbones all around and a K24 similar to the Si's, that shit would probably sell like hot-cakes, but no, apparently it's going to be Macphersons and a 1.3/1.5 liter. It will probably still sell decently, but once again, the enthusiasts get shafted.

Oh Honda...you never fail to disappoint these days... :(

I was assuming it was going to be built pretty much as a roadster CRZ.

Edit: just read that article. Seems I'm right. Its a damn shame they're going FF instead of MR. Im rather disinterested now.

Last edited:

Edit: just read that article. Seems I'm right. Its a damn shame they're going FF instead of MR. Im rather disinterested now.

Im suprised you got your hopes up in the first place, you should know by now how badly the Honda gene pool is watered down.

Agreed.

Likely struts in the front and torsion beam in the rear. It sounds shitty, but works awfully well for the Fit. Drive a Fit with decent tires and you know what I am talking about. I would be surprised if they name the car the Beat if it is going to be FF.

FYI, that image is not from Honda, but some motor trend artist's imaginary rendition. I agree the ass on that looks like ass.

Back