Beater's speedo took a dump

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

92civicb18b1

The Trisexual
I was borrowing my work van for the weekend.

I went and picked up the prelude today from my office in Queens, I needed to go to the bronx for work. So I'm driving, yea yea, as soon as I enter the Bronx, the speedo stops working, I just said fuck it and continued to drive. Got to where I was going and blah blah finished. As I was leaving, less than a mile after I got out of the Bronx the speedo automatically just started working again for the rest of the time I was in NY. After I got over the GWB the shit got all fucked up again. When I got 6.1 miles from my house it clicked back on again and has been working ever since.

WTF, what the hell do you think is wrong with this peice?

I drove it about 47 miles today, and only 8.4 miles registed into the odometer.

Yeah I'd put money on the VSS going out. Sometimes the wires can just get corroded and start doing that. Before pulling the sensor look the plug and wires and make sure it all looks good.

Ben

will do..

the tach and all the other guages were fine btw.

the speedo was fucked which cause the odomenter to go out too.

Does anyone know where the VSS is located on the prelude, same place as the b and d?

I'm too lazy to go out right now and it would make it so much easier if I knew where to look.

speedo went out on my buddy's accord a month or so ago. It was the VSS. Two bolts, one cheap sensor. It was kinda hard to get to because of the stuff around it, but it was still <1 hour, and I had a spare tranny with extra sensor. That was it.

if your miles work its the guage if they dont its the vss

thats the rule of thumb.

not always true try vss but i asume guage they are more common on hondas.

buy a vss at autozone plug it in, if it works keep it if not take it back and get your money back.

Autozone sells em...WHAT. I thought they were like 300 bucks.

Its the VSS cause the odometer doesn't work when the speedo doesn't.

I'll stop there and check it, do it right in the parking lot if i have too.

yea they should have them and they are like 80

also like i said, not always true

my vss is good but my speedo is bad and my miles do not move

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Apr 21 2005, 01:08 AM
it was 149.99. The car isn't worth puttin that much into, IT's really not even worth the gas I put in it.
[post=489491]Quoted post[/post]​

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'd get a used one. It's easy to replace, and even junk trannies probably have a good one.

Back