Beating an old horse.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

korey

Alright, I already know some people will be pissed that I am asking this question even though others have asked it as well, but here it is anyway. I have a Skunk2 Muffler with custom exhaust piping and the damn thing is louder than crap. I love the design of the canister, but cannot take the noise anymore. If anyone knows of a system that is relatively quiet and has a good low sound but with a similar design, PLEASE, let me know. I would very much appreciate it. Thanx.

Those N1 style cans are meant for N1 racing. They're loud. Apex N1, Skunk2 MegaPower, RS*R ExMag II, Tanabe Racing Medallion and others like them are stupid loud because of the thin little can design. If you want quiet, go with the RS*R ExMag street system, GReddy EVO or SP, Tanabe Hyper Medallion, or Apex World Sport. They may n ot look at "cool" but they are damn quiet until you hit the second set of lobes and even then it sounds thick, not like a weedwhacker. Personally, I think the GReddy EVO looks sick as fuck, plus it's quiet.

What about Thermal, how come no ones has love for Thermal. Thermal is deep, and quiet around town, but step into it, and you can be a little loud. IT's more intimidating than loud though. I say go for Thermal, it'll cost about $500 complete cat back for the Classis System.

What about the DC sport exhaust ? I have the first edition, not the twin canister design and its sporty but pretty quiet. Is the DC sports exhaust not any good ?

apex'i world sport...got it, love it...looks great (check out pics), sounds great, performs great...hella cheap, easy to install...only complaint is that the tip is too big, but that's a matter of opinion!

I have a greddy evo and I love it. Deep low sound up to 4 grand after that it really screams but is not anoying like most mufflers.

What about my cherrybomb :lol:

It was $20 and is quiet enough for daily driving, but still has a good sound when you get into it. For that price, how can you go wrong?

BTW its not the glasspack type, its got an oval shape to it and has offset pipes. Looks like a normal muffler.

Back