Bed thread

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I don't see how. I have been sleeping on a stiff mattress for 5 years and my back hurts everyday I wake up.. It doesn't work for me, but maybe others??

just because it's stiff doesn't mean its a GOOD firm matress.

I currently have an older Ikea mattress that I bought from someone back in 2006 i think. The people had the whole bed in their spare room, and I think someone had only slept on it once or twice. For the longest time, it was the most comfortable mattress I've ever had. I like a soft mattress and this one did the trick without being uncomfortable. Now it's deformed to the point that it's only comfortable for one person in the bed, since it's lower in the middle.

I'm planning on scooping up one of the foam mattresses on Woot the next time they come around. I think it was only $200-250 for the full size last time.

I have a double sided pillow top from a local matress manufacture w/ a memory foam topper ..its comfortable, I sleep well... its not too firm but not too soft either... just perfect

It was a $700 matress.. the topper was $100 from. Costco

Last edited:
Ok Im hating this thread everyone is talking about they get good sleep.. I haven't slept good in a year...

I currently have an older Ikea mattress that I bought from someone back in 2006 i think. The people had the whole bed in their spare room, and I think someone had only slept on it once or twice. For the longest time, it was the most comfortable mattress I've ever had. I like a soft mattress and this one did the trick without being uncomfortable. Now it's deformed to the point that it's only comfortable for one person in the bed, since it's lower in the middle.

I'm planning on scooping up one of the foam mattresses on Woot the next time they come around. I think it was only $200-250 for the full size last time.

that's basically the same thing that happened with mine. all the foam has gradually worked its way to the sides, making it a bit concave to the point where both sides roll into the middle. good in winter, bad in summer.

it sounds like some of you haven't really been on some good beds. you can get a firm mattress that isn't stiff. stiff and soft are different.

i have a firm bed, and it's not like sleeping on a futon. my bed has a nice cushion on the top, but it still supports my body. your back, hips, and knees will be fucked if you have a super soft bed. get a firm bed with a soft top, pillow top, or tempurpedic pad.

i remember this article from a long ass time ago. if it's good enough for brad pitt, it's good enough for me. lol

Brad Pitt in Esquire (Wizbang Pop!)
The Perfect Mattress
Don't spend a lot of money on a big, giant mattress with double padding on both sides and all that. Just go out and buy a normal firm mattress. Then go buy the three-inch Tempur-Pedic pad, the memory foam, and put it on top. I'm telling you, take my tip. It's the perfect pressure. I take full credit for the discovery. You will sleep in bliss forever more . . . unless you've got a six-week-old.

We have a queen sized, double sided Sealy mattresses which was amazing when I got it back in '02. Since then I think that I have rotated and flipped it the max amount of times. Its also aquired 3 pillow top covers.
I can sleep on it just fine by myself but with the other half I just lay there. We have been looking for another mattress for a while.
In our old house we couldnt fit all of our stuff and anything bigger than a queen sized bed in our room. So, we are looking to upgrade to a bigger bed since our new houses master bedroom is pretty large.
When we were in Vegas we slept amazingly on the hotels mattress which reluctantly the hotel has a link for all of their bedding. Im excited... Im looking for a bedroom suit (california king) that I like, I think that is high up on the priority list for tax return money.

Do any of you think that the type of bed you sleep on makes a difference too?
We bought our bed 2 years ago and its a platform from West Elm. With a platform bed you dont use the boxspring its just slats under the mattress. Just curious if anyone else has an opinion.

In case you dont know what a platform bed is, this is it (the one I have)

Low Wood Cutout Headboard | west elm

Here is the link for the mattress that I believe we have agreed upon:

http://www.arialasvegas.com/amenities/ARIA-at-home.aspx

i sleep ok on just about anything.
my problem is waking up.
i cant do it. it takes me a good hour to actually get awake enough to lift myself off the bed. and another hour for my head to feel ok and not be slightly out of it.
it sucks.

i sleep ok on just about anything.
my problem is waking up.
i cant do it. it takes me a good hour to actually get awake enough to lift myself off the bed. and another hour for my head to feel ok and not be slightly out of it.
it sucks.

you need more sleep then.

my issue. i am capable of getting up and out of bed. i just don't want to. lol

you need more sleep then.

my issue. i am capable of getting up and out of bed. i just don't want to. lol

i get anywhere from 8 to 10 hours a night. usually go to bed at about midnight, i wake (or try to wake) at around 9.
so, i set my alarms for 8, then fight for an hour to and hour and a half to get up.
most of the time, i'll be semi conscious and still in the middle of a dream. its very odd.

Im asleep by 11 usually.. wake up at 630 every morning to let the dogs outside.. I get around 6 hours of sleep in between waking up to the dogs jumping on the bed throughout the night

We paid I think $500 for our foam mattress from Sams Club, we have ZERO regrets.

paying 1500+ for memory foam is stupid unless you want to brag about the brand you own.

Tempsoma 12" memory foam mattress - MY350Z.COM Forums

My little write up on it.

I'm considering this option... Did Sam's Club have it on demo or was it just the box?

Also this question was never answered on the other forum:

How's the secks on a foam matress?

:D

Last edited:
10" queen size mem foam for $299 on woot right now

CRAP! If I hadn't just sunk everything into the new apartment's security deposit and rent I'd pick that up right this very second. As it stands I'm waiting for my bonus from work to fund the new stuff. :confused::confused::mad::mad::mad:

its actually great. no squeeking, and since you don't bounce much you don't get the crazy pogo stick effect :)

I just found this as well. :cool:

Back