Been a civic new to ludes

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

rollagtsracer

Ok i just acquired a 1986 Prelude 2.o si i believe it has the a20 Motor i was wondering if anyone had heard of swappin a B20a5 out of an 89 prelude si into my 86

no but the B20A5 was origionally rated at 135 horsepower at like 5500 rpms i believe...and you may already know this. i just found this info earlier today by accident. i have an 88 prelude SI in my collection of honda cars. theyre all stock however. what were you lookin to find out regaurding the swap? i'm sure it can be done

any information possible i totaled my 89 and i have an 86 i have everything i might need for the swap or maybe? i dont i just want to know ANYTHING about this swap

let me x-reference some oem part numbers real quick for the axles and hubs and mounts to get you started--- hang on

bad news....the 89 SI has only three motor/trans mounts that are on my parts listings. the 86 has four motor/trans mounts. all the motor mounts for your two cars have completely different part numbers. everything else as far as axles, wheel bearings, and wheel hubs also have different part numbers. now i have never done this swap or seen one done, but i'm more of a dealer guy so i havent been around many swaps. you still may be able to do this with what you have but you'll have to come accross people who know more about swaps and are willing to help. i was just tryin to see if the part numbers would be a perfect match....but i guess that would be too easy. good luck

Back