Been Working Non-stop On The Lsvtec

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

pills_PMD

VIP
https://hondaswap.com/~pills/lsvtec.html

here are some new pics and stuff...

i got the head modified for the new dowel pins, plugged the oil feed in the head, got the head a mild port and polish, the block is almost assembled, but the 2nd rate bore job bent a set of rings on cylinder #3, but i've since fixed that problem.

anyways.. enjoy the pics, today i'm just about to go drop my LS fifth gear into the ITR tranny.. maybe make a how to or something...
later

Originally posted by pills_PMD@May 8 2003, 10:49 AM
anyways.. enjoy the pics, today i'm just about to go drop my LS fifth gear into the ITR tranny.. maybe make a how to or something...
later

Awesome pics! Do this... I want to swap the 5th and FD from my Si transmission into my ZC transmission, and they should be similar.

the 5th gears were incredibly eaSy to switch. everything just lifts out as a whole.. i had to press the bearing off the main shaft .. but really not hard... i took pics, i'll try to write something up for it and post them soon.. i 've been crazy busy lately

Calesta, the ZC final swap is pretty easy. just swap the ring gears and then pull everything off both countershafts and swap them. Keep everything in order when you take it off and you are good. While you are at it you can swap 5th. The pain is actually getting the tranny case off and back on. Remember the bolts on the diff are reverse threaded.

Pills did you get a cable or hydro 5th any clarity on interchangability?

Ok, that sounds pretty straightforward. What about the ring gear bolt pattern on the ZC LSD compared to the Si non LSD?

it's a hydro ITR tranny and I got the gear brand new from acura/honda for a 95 acura integra LS...

i didn't want to take the chance with the cable/hydro gear swapping...

Originally posted by pills_PMD@May 9 2003, 08:40 AM
it's a hydro ITR tranny and I got the gear brand new from acura/honda for a 95 acura integra LS...

Nice. Mine synchros are being replaced with a complete gearset brand new from the dealer. I don't want to take chances on my wannabe ITR transmission either. Dealer hookups are good.

:)

Originally posted by Calesta@May 9 2003, 07:37 AM
Ok, that sounds pretty straightforward. What about the ring gear bolt pattern on the ZC LSD compared to the Si non LSD?

I was told by Bone that it would bolt right on. I didn't compare them yet, I'm still waiting to get the hatch running before I build a tranny for it. Do you have a source for a ZC LSD tranny that's reasonable?

Back