Beer?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I disagree. The price is the same as cheap beer, but you're getting the 7 dollar a pint quality.
That's like saying you can build a GTM supercar kit for the same price as a new Accord, so you might as well buy an accord...

Come on down if you need a taste tester.

you had to grow up in a world without flavored cereal. Blue Moon tastes like fruit loops....and i LOVE fruit loops cereal.....had to put cereal on the end of that.

I've had Blue Moon before but its been about a year since so I had to test your theory. I just had one on tap with an orange slice of course and holy shit you're right! At first I forgot and was expecting fruity pebbles. I was about to call you a liar and then the Loops hit me. Well played sir. But I must confess, I just switched back to a Sam Adams Oktoberfest.

that switch is allowed although i prefer spaten's oktoberfest, but i only know one place in dallas that keeps it on tap (german deli).

Sam Adams just won best Oktoberfest... IN GERMANY!!! Just had to say it as I just heard the commercial. Id like to try a few, think it was slushbox that said Michellob had a good one. Im sure that'll be easy to find.

Michelob does have some good craft type beers. If you look around sometimes you can find a 12 pack sampler that has about 6 different beers in it.

First beer I ever liked (read: could even stomach/finish) was Sam Adams Winter Lager. That same night I tried their Black Lager. I was on a mission to find a beer for me so I bought a sampler and a six of the Winter. I've been in love since. Not saying I like every SA I've tried but I trust them enough to try them. They've really opened me up to the beer world.

lol yea. That and Brown Ale for me so far. I was thinking I love their other beers so much so I bet the original is great! Bought a six pack... Didn't like it. Tried to pass it off on my dad... He didn't like it. Cursed myself for not gettin the Summer Ale.

brown ale wasnt great and the was a cherry one that i wasn't really feeling, but unlike boston lager i could still polish of a six pack of both without thinking about it.

I love Sam Adams. Their Octoberfest is very good, Summer Ale is good, Cherry Wheat etc... They make a limited run(expensive) Chocolate Bock which I haven't tried but I've heard it's great.
Drinkhacker.com Review: Samuel Adams Chocolate Bock

Chocolate? They aren’t kidding with this bad boy: While many beers with “chocolate” in their name achieve their flavor through the use of special malts, Sam Adams’ Chocolate Bock is flavored with real chocolate: Specifically “slowly aged on a bed of rare dark cocoa nibs from Felchlin, a renowned Swiss chocolatier. Known for their quality these wild cocoa nibs, harvested from the rainforest of Northern Bolivia, impart complex aromas and flavors of chocolate, honey and vanilla to the beer.”
And so it goes.
Best I can describe Chocolate Bock is with a hearty “you got chocolate in my beer!” There’s nothing subtle about it; this is choco-brew that any dessert fan or sweet tooth is going to love. While dark, dark brown in color, it’s not especially heavy (alcohol is just 5.5% by volume), and Chocolate Bock quickly turns from unusual to easygoing. (Try it just a bit warmer than fridge temperature, maybe 15 minutes out of the icebox.)
While the carbonation is slight, the sweetness and bitterness are reasonably well balanced here, offering strong chocolate notes, a little coffee, and, as promised, a honey finish that makes you ready for another sip in seconds. Yeah, this is a beer for sipping by the fire, not chugging at a kegger, and it’s certainly something for rare occasions instead of everyday drinking. To be sure, this bottle sat in my fridge for over two months before I finally got around to drinking it. Wish I’d cracked it open sooner.

I love Sam Adams. Their Octoberfest is very good, Summer Ale is good, Cherry Wheat etc... They make a limited run(expensive) Chocolate Bock which I haven't tried but I've heard it's great.
Sam knows how to make good beer. Every style they make is good. But mostly, they don't excel at any particular one. Their Summer and Winter are very good, but not my all-time favorites for the seasons. Boston and Brown ale are very good, but I've had better from other breweries. You get my point.

I will make an exception for Oktoberfest, Scotch Ale, and Irish Red. They make the best in those categories in my mind. Oktoberfest is truly amazing. I want to stock up a little before they change to Winter.

The Cherry Wheat is good, but I can only have one. Too sweet for me. I'm that way with pretty much any fruity beer, Blue Moon, Hoegarden, etc. In my opinion, the best way to have a fruity beer is to pour Guinness over top of it and make a sort of black and tan.

SAMUEL ADAMS CHOCOLATE BOCK REVIEW: A friend bought me a bigger bottle of it last year for Christmas. HOLY CRAP. I generally like any dark beer, but I've never had one like this. Great aroma, amazing taste, and soo smooth. I honestly didn't want to drink it because then I wouldn't have it anymore. Let me clarify, this is not a chugging or even a drink all night beer. It was like an after dinner cordial and dessert all in one.

I've heard it was great before. Ill have to seek it out. Black Lager must be like a Chocolate Bock Light. It too has chocolate, coffee, and vanilla flavorings. Good stuff.

i prefer rogue's chocolate stout to anything ive ever had that's similar. sadly its ungodly more expensive than any of the competition. Young's Double Chocolate is just as good (in different ways) as SA's Chocolate bock and thats saying something.

Not a fan of anything dark but that 250th Guiness and Sam adams, ( I can't remember which batch) but I love them due to how Malty they are, I guess it's the affect of growing up drinking straight malt. Besides normally blue moon, stella, and corona are daily drinks, however if i'm playing beer bong I drink bud light if i'm hosting the game as it's fairly cheap.

Black Lager is actually very similar to Guiness extra stout or Breckenridge Vanilla Porter (figure that shit out).

Im not so much a fan of stouts...i drink them...but i prefer porters but i've had a lot of bad luck trying them lately. They're all like dark IPAs and it's pissing me off.

Back