beerbongs's first time at the track!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

beerbongskickass

Well, this is how it went. After pulling an all nighter getting my car ready (Quaife LSD install, tranny install, motor mount install, taking exhaust off, etc...) I finally had everything done and just had enough time for a shower before we had to head down to the drag strip. The jimfab motor mounts make everything rattle, but my whole front end is rock solid with that and the LSD so it's worth it. I was planning on running my nitto 555r drag radials, but my friend let me borrow his 22 inch MH slicks. Again this is my first time ever at the track and I have never driven on slicks. They said try launch at 6000 rpms and I was like are you sure? They all gave me a few more pointers and then I was ready to go.

I rolled up in the lanes waiting until it was my turn. I Threw on my 21 dollar eBay helmet and drove up to the burnout box. The best part about doing burnouts on slicks is when you actually get out of the water onto some dry road and it slams your head into the seat because you have so much traction. So I stage and rev her up to about 6000 rpms or so and I kinda try slipping the clutch a litte bit and before I knew what happend it was already over. I picked up my timeslip and saw a 13.5! I was pretty excited that being my first run. I actually bogged down a little off the line launching at 6000 rpms so I tried launching at 6500 to 7000 rpms and just dropped the clutch which gave me my best time of the day 13.304 at 102.82 MPH. My dial in was 13.3 so I got pretty damn close to breaking out. I kinda got caught sleeping on the line on that run so I ended up getting eliminated (import challenge), but I was still pretty happy with the run.

My car is fun as shit with a LSD and slicks and I am defintely hooked on drag racing with slicks now. My 60 foot times were all 1.9 and I was trapping 102 MPH all day. I did a few runs with my drag radials and got a 13.9 and 14.0, but I know I could have got a little better with a good launch and more practice. I was getting 2.3 60 foot times with my drag radials and trapping 102.

My goal when I built the car was 13.9, but I am going for 12's now seeing how well I did my first time out. I was running 10 psi (boost controller issues) and I hopefully next time at the track I will be runing a solid 12 psi. I think at 12 pounds and more practice on the slicks I might be able to pull a 12.999 run which would kick ass.

All my times in order...

13.5 @ 102 (slicks)
13.8 @ 99 (slicks) *blown cooling fan fuse so my car was overheating on this run*
13.4 @ 102 (slicks)
13.3 @ 102 (slicks)
13.9 @ 102 (drag radials)
14.0 @ 102 (drag radials)

Here is my setup... http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=771081

Right Click Save As... http://www.draglab.com/Daves%20shit/HMTWoodburn04.wmv

TimeSlip.JPG

wb35.jpg

cool deal man.

22's are tiny trhough... i'd see if you can score a set of 24's from someone to do a few runs on. i bet you get a tenth or so better at around the same trap.

IMO, 22's are for lesser powered cars than what you have.

Ya I went to the drag strip tuesday for the first time also. Although my crx isn't that fast, it was definetly good times! :) What were you up against in the other lane out of curiosity?

I was also running the slicks at 10 psi. A few people have told me if I drop it down to 6 or 7 psi my 60 foot's will improve a tenth or so. Hopefully I will have everything dialed in next time I go to the tack.

Just curious, and if you don't mind, how much did you pay for your turbo steup?
and where did you find the parts? i'm looking to do the same setup in the very near future, and some help would be appreciated.

Originally posted by Callidus@Jun 24 2004, 05:08 PM
Just curious, and if you don't mind, how much did you pay for your turbo steup?
and where did you find the parts? i'm looking to do the same setup in the very near future, and some help would be appreciated.

I pretty much got all my parts from online forums, eBay, websites, etc... I think I paid around $1100 for everything. Some of the prices are less than when I bought them like the intercooler and the turbos are more now I think.

Turbo off eBay... $310
Johnnyracecar.com intercooler... $200
IC piping, clamps, etc... group buy on HMT... $115 (try jcwhitney.com)
DSM 450cc injector and resistor box... $65
TurboXS RFL bov... $75
Custom Manifold... $75
Custom downpipe... $45
Uberdata... FREE!
Stealthmode oil lines... $75
TurboXS mbc... $75

My ACT xtss clutch kit was $400 and my custom 3 inch exhaust was also $400. I would defintely upgrade those parts if your going turbo.

nice times indeed!

any just out of curiosity, what were you running against on your fastest run? the 12.x?

Your avatar kind spooks me out... I mean, wherever I'm standing .. he's looking at my wallet...

-> Steve

Back