Before and after of my living room.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jeffie7

Wrong Whole!
VIP
gallery_3_9_53853.jpg

before,

gallery_3_9_4529.jpg

after.

I've had that 27" TV for at least 6 years. I think it was long over due for an upgrade.

Some specs on the new one. Sony's site.

FYI I was able to pick the TV up on my own and set everything up. it's a total of 72lbs. My old 27" TV weighs about the same.

looks great, but 6 years is not alot for electronics. my family room tv just went after about 19 years. hell, it might just be a short and keep running strong. dont replace what's doing its job is my motto. save money for the car.

Originally posted by sLuShBoXtEgGy@Aug 28 2005, 03:38 AM
looks great, but 6 years is not alot for electronics. my family room tv just went after about 19 years. hell, it might just be a short and keep running strong. dont replace what's doing its job is my motto. save money for the car.
[post=546262]Quoted post[/post]​

Depends on how you look at it, 6 or more years ago I bought my 27" TV used for around $200.00. It was old then and now even older. Nothing like a GE TV =)

Ok, we agrue about how good LCD is, you blast it, say "plasma this, plasma that" and then you buy a fucking LCD TV? Jackass. That one kicks ass, though. I was seriously thinking about buying that one if I can sell my 46" for a decent price.

Originally posted by Havok@Aug 30 2005, 12:39 PM
Ok, we agrue about how good LCD is, you blast it, say "plasma this, plasma that" and then you buy a fucking LCD TV? Jackass. That one kicks ass, though. I was seriously thinking about buying that one if I can sell my 46" for a decent price.
[post=547352]Quoted post[/post]​

Plasma kicks LCDs ass if you spend the money to get a good one. Pioneer Elite Plasma TV > all LCD/DLP/CRTs But the cost is about 4x as much.

Besides, since when could I not bust your balls about something? :p

Another big plus about the newer LCDs is the size VS the older LCDs

This years Grand Wega 50" specs.

Width 46.6 inches
Height 32.6 inches
Depth 16.1 inches
Weight 72.7 LBS

Last years Grand Wega 50" specs "almost bought one before seeing the 05 models"

width: 54.125 inches
height: 36.5 inches
depth: 17.75 inches
weight: 85.875 pounds

I believe the year before that they were much much larger. Price was also a lot higher.

TVs tend to drop prices with every new model. I paid $2299.99 for my 05 model. the 04 model is still listed for $2499.99 at a lot of places. Target has it for 2600.
Best buy I believe is trying to clear them out at 2299.99 "same price as the new models.

Originally posted by jeffie7+Aug 30 2005, 07:55 PM-->
@Aug 30 2005, 12:39 PM
Ok, we agrue about how good LCD is, you blast it, say "plasma this, plasma that" and then you buy a fucking LCD TV? Jackass.  That one kicks ass, though.  I was seriously thinking about buying that one if I can sell my 46" for a decent price.
[post=547352]Quoted post[/post]​

Plasma kicks LCDs ass if you spend the money to get a good one. Pioneer Elite Plasma TV > all LCD/DLP/CRTs But the cost is about 4x as much.

Besides, since when could I not bust your balls about something? :p

Another big plus about the newer LCDs is the size VS the older LCDs

This years Grand Wega 50" specs.

Width 46.6 inches
Height 32.6 inches
Depth 16.1 inches
Weight 72.7 LBS

Last years Grand Wega 50" specs "almost bought one before seeing the 05 models"

width: 54.125 inches
height: 36.5 inches
depth: 17.75 inches
weight: 85.875 pounds

I believe the year before that they were much much larger. Price was also a lot higher.

TVs tend to drop prices with every new model. I paid $2299.99 for my 05 model. the 04 model is still listed for $2499.99 at a lot of places. Target has it for 2600.
Best buy I believe is trying to clear them out at 2299.99 "same price as the new models.
[post=547568]Quoted post[/post]​

The Pioneer Elites are only twice as much as the top of the line DLP same or simular size. Right now as for plasmas the best bang for the buck is the Panasonic 500U series. Really good picture. Not as detailed as the Elite but thats where it gets the bang for the buck. Were selling them for 4500 for the 50" and 3500 for the 42". Down side is they are only 720p.

Oh well Elite's 1080p will be here in a week or so. :)

Back