Bent my rim...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

|Chaz|

VIP
Well I was on my way to work this morning when someone headed in the opposite direction as me turned out in front of me. He must have finally noticed me even though I was honking at him so I was able to swerve right and hit the curb to keep from him hitting me head on. Spun out after that and ended up being paralell to traffic. Thankfully there were no other cars around. He just drove off while I was in the process of spinning out. Didn't get a license plate. So now I have to find a new HX rim and figure out if my tire is salvageable and if anything else is fucked up on my car.

Man....thats sucks bro. Sorry to hear.

How hard did you hit? Did you really give the rim a good fold?

Hopefully it wasn't too big of a hit and I would think you should check the control arms. I have been told that they are the first to fold (by design). If they dont 'look' bent, (along with other things you visually inspect), I would throw a rim on there and test drive it. If things seem okay you can call it good but you could take it to an alignment shop and tell them the situation to see if they can (hopefully) set your mind as ease.

I hope this is your scenario and its just a new HX rim. :D

Yea I took it to a Les Schwab because they're near my work and I was able to go on my lunch break. They jacked it up and I got to look it over pretty well. Everything suspension wise looks fine. They threw my RT-615 on a shitty steelie and I was able to save the tire. Just need a new HX rim now. I paid $40 for the rim and all the other bullshit they charge you for. I know I got ripped off but I don't have any time to fuck around looking for a new rim. School's starting next week and I really just needed something to drive on.

theres a full set on ebay right now for $328 (BIN)

i know you are not looking for 4 rims
but...
you can get your replacement
get a full size spare
and a set to mount some drag radials or something to

:shrug2:

I would... but I'm really low on cash at the moment. Pretty much every dollar I've got right now is going towards school. Thanks though E. I'm just glad I didn't have my car wrecked, I'd be so fucking pissed if the car itself actually got wrecked.

Sold them to my friend last year and he's got them on his Miata. I got the HX's for autocrossing because the 14" RT-615s were way cheaper and HX's are like 5lbs less a wheel.

I can buy a brand new HX rim for $157 including shipping on Majestic Honda :lmao: that'd look funny with my rims that are all blackened with brake dust. It's semi tempting considering no one wants to sell just one rim xD.

In terms of finding One HX rim....you can try Redline Performance in Rancho Cordova, CA 916-853-1122
They're mostly a dismantler center but do sell aftermarket stuff too. All Honda/Acura

Ask for Tom. He's pretty cool and if he doesn't have one....he can find one. Not sure on shipping but Washington isn't that far from Nor-Cal. I can vouch for them. Bought plenty of parts from A/C to GSR sway bar/lca's to USDM P30 ECU. He sticks by his product and will get you the right part.

Cool thanks calling them now. None of my local pull a parts have any Civics newer than 1995 on their lots.

:thumbsup:
Hope Tom can help you out

Glad its just the rim.....these beer cans can get dinged up easy!

Was Tom able to help at all? He does have quite a few rims in the front by the display cases and they're always changing/selling.

I got put on hold there and then got disconnected. I'll try again the next time I have a free moment.

Back