1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bent My Rota =(

Discussion in 'Members' Lounge' started by DjMcPhatty, Jan 22, 2003.

1. DjMcPhatty

DjMcPhatty Senior Member

Yesterday I went to get in my car and I noticed a slight bulge in my front driverside tire. Well I looked closer and I noticed that my rota had a slight bend in the outer edge. I can only remember hitting one thing (coming into st. louis i was on a rough ass high way and i hit something on the road). Anywayz its only a lil bend so could I get it bent back? If not, Jason I might be contacting you in need of 1 rota slipstream black. Are these rims that weak?? Oh well, how long can I drive on it, while the rim is bent?? All this and I finally had the money to get some tein s-techs. Grrrrr

2. asmallsol

asmallsol Super Moderator

what size do you have and what do you keep your tire pressure at?

3. sportlinecrx

sportlinecrx Banned

bending it back would make it even weaker. i'd get my spare on there [EDITED next part..] cause if its causing a bulge in your tire, the seal may have weakened there and the tire may break loose sooner or later (not that i know anything about tires/wheels). sorry bout your wheel, but i am so glad i did not buy rotas. lovin my konigs.

4. lilthom

lilthom Member

Are rotas really a weak wheel? I was thinkin about gettin some should I think again?

5. Domeskilla

Domeskilla Senior Member

They aren't forged, they are a great wheel for daily driving/draging.. but for extreme autox, i would get something else.

For the money, they are awesome wheels. I'm getting a set of Sub Zero's for my project when income tax comes

6. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

see the thread on "its offical, rotas suck" we had a day back... we discussed why they are inferior :)

7. sportlinecrx

sportlinecrx Banned

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted