Best Accord Swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dveit

VIP
Hey i just bought a 95 Honda Accord, without an engine, what do you guys suggest i swap into there? B18? B16? What would be the easiest to swap in there by myself?

H22A would be the best swap hands down. None of the b-series motors will work.
You can only go with F22 and H22 and H22 is a lot better.

Peace*

How much do H22's go for and do you suggest i do the swap myself? what will i putting down on the whp?

A B-series will fit in there, but it would be like dropping a small-block Chevy engine into a cement truck and trying to pull it around.

Drop in an H23 if you want to boost later on down the line, or drop in an H22 if you want to stay n/a. An H23 engine should cost you around $1500 shipped, while an H22 will probably be around $2000 shipped. Figure an extra $200-$300 for parts related to the swap. You should be able to do an H23 for under 2 grand total, and an H22 for under $2500.

You can do either swap yourself, it's real easy. Check the reference section for crank hp numbers, and extrapolate from there.

fairly simple, dohcvtec_accord helped me out on the motor mountings for my bro's H22A Type S swap. i was getting confused with the wiring for a couple of minutes, but got it down good. try to get the OBD1 H22, it's much easier to wire up. good lock

:worthy: dohcvtec_accord

Originally posted by honda_mach3@May 13 2003, 07:53 AM

I'm pretty good at fooling people into thinking that I know what I'm talking about. :lol:

Now that you've done your brother's swap, people will be saying
:worthy: honda_mach3
because you'll have the experience too. :D

Originally posted by honda_mach3@May 13 2003, 09:53 AM

:werd: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

You da man!. I make a lot of decisions with my car based on your experience/opinion and haven't gone wrong yet.

Peace, Theron <_<

awwwwwwww how cute :wub: chris has followers! i guess if i knew anything about these stupid cars i'd have some youngsters pullin at my tails too :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

i guess those are the ones that are MY followers :p

funny little story... my girl didnt like hondas at ALL, more of a lifted 4x4 type girl. well i took her out for a night of fun in MY car, pissed off a couple bmw owners and a couple mustang guys... now she wont even let me sell my car even thought i can't drive it, she's in love wit da H y0! :lol:

LOL Thanks guys. Apreciate it. I wish my girlfriend was like that, she hates the shit i do to m y cars, and calls me stupid. F*ck that B*tch. Haha

Back