Votes: 0 0.0%
  • H22 JDM

• B20

• LS/V

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

AnarchyRacing

Just wanted everyone's opinion. I've built a B20 for a HB before and was pretty impressed. When answering please post up what you think.....

build a k20a. like that white crx that was in the video the other day w/ the itb. more get up and go than any other motor and its not too heavy.
plus if aftermarket companies do the same this that did with the b18c as they do with the k20 there will tons and tons of parts avaliable in the next few years.

Originally posted by FearDaGreenCivic@Nov 28 2004, 01:25 PM
The beast yo!
[post=423227]Quoted post[/post]​

Mr Gasket part # GX20

270 horsepower at the flywheel.
2 litre dart block with 11.5:1 pistons
12 thousand dolars
went 13.4 in a 2600 pound car.

Originally posted by sohcslammer+Nov 28 2004, 02:38 PM-->
FearDaGreenCivic
@Nov 28 2004, 01:25 PM
The beast yo!
[post=423227]Quoted post[/post]​

Mr Gasket part # GX20

270 horsepower at the flywheel.
2 litre dart block with 11.5:1 pistons
12 thousand dolars
went 13.4 in a 2600 pound car.
[post=423246]Quoted post[/post]​

12,000?

The Beast

Pricing

2.0l honda b18 lng blck crt en
From the belly of the high performance giant Mr.Gasket, emerges a milestone in sport compact technology appropriately named "The Beast." Born from a coalition of racing engine experience so strong that its performance and reliability are truly indisputable. Built from the finest hand-picked components in the world, every part is brand spankin new, right down to the last oil pan bolt. So confident are we in this Beast's abilities, we also back it with a 12 month or 12 thousand mile warranty. The BEAST Specs Bore:84mm Stroke:89mm Rod Length:140.8mm R/S Ratio:1.58:1 Compression Ratio:11:5:1 Intake Valve Size:34mm Exhaust Valve Size:28mm BHP:270@7800 RPM (this is an engine dyno figure) Peak Torque:185 ft-lbs@6000 RPM Camshaft Spec:Lift/Duration: IN. 0.485,252,EX. 0.466,262 Cam Gears:Unorthodox Racing (Ultra T) ARP: Head Studs, ARP Rod Bolts Baffled Performance Oil Pan Fuel:Quality 92 or higher octane (pump gas) Must use modified or aftermarket ECU. Engine is cold tested from the factory, for cylinder leak down, proper oil pressure, coolant and oil leaks. Complete with new factory oil pump, water pump, timing belt and covers, hardware, and VTEC solenoids. Timing is factory set. Assembled with precision at Performance Assembly Solutions. Engine has produced 13.4 second E/T's in a 2600lb car, and still achieves 30mpg. Wiseco forged pistons. Oliver E4340 Chrome Moly Rods. Eagle Forged 4340 crankshaft. Mr.Gasket MLS head gasket. Also available in a short block version.

For 12 grand it better suck my dick and run 9s.

All motor... doubt it. Of course there is a mark up but i dotn think much. That somebitch is a maxxed out b series.

Originally posted by sohcslammer@Nov 28 2004, 03:26 PM
The Beast

Pricing

2.0l honda b18 lng blck crt en
From the belly of the high performance giant Mr.Gasket, emerges a milestone in sport compact technology appropriately named "The Beast." Born from a coalition of racing engine experience so strong that its performance and reliability are truly indisputable. Built from the finest hand-picked components in the world, every part is brand spankin new, right down to the last oil pan bolt. So confident are we in this Beast's abilities, we also back it with a 12 month or 12 thousand mile warranty. The BEAST Specs Bore:84mm Stroke:89mm Rod Length:140.8mm R/S Ratio:1.58:1 Compression Ratio:11:5:1 Intake Valve Size:34mm Exhaust Valve Size:28mm BHP:270@7800 RPM (this is an engine dyno figure) Peak Torque:185 ft-lbs@6000 RPM Camshaft Spec:Lift/Duration: IN. 0.485,252,EX. 0.466,262 Cam Gears:Unorthodox Racing (Ultra T) ARP: Head Studs, ARP Rod Bolts Baffled Performance Oil Pan Fuel:Quality 92 or higher octane (pump gas) Must use modified or aftermarket ECU. Engine is cold tested from the factory, for cylinder leak down, proper oil pressure, coolant and oil leaks. Complete with new factory oil pump, water pump, timing belt and covers, hardware, and VTEC solenoids. Timing is factory set. Assembled with precision at Performance Assembly Solutions. Engine has produced 13.4 second E/T's in a 2600lb car, and still achieves 30mpg. Wiseco forged pistons. Oliver E4340 Chrome Moly Rods. Eagle Forged 4340 crankshaft. Mr.Gasket MLS head gasket. Also available in a short block version.

For 12 grand it better suck my dick and run 9s.
[post=423271]Quoted post[/post]​

Shit it better do more then suck my dick for 12k! Holy shit what a waste of fuckin money. My friend's B20 vtec that cost him about 4k run's in the 12's on the motor.

the k20 is lookin pretty good for allmotor purposes.

check K20a.org, they have a k20 type r swap with i/h/e and hondata running 12's in an eg

Yeah and you will spend more than 8 grand just for motor, mounts,, shift linkage, axles, ecu reflashed to even run the motor and misc. stuff plus a custom intake, and then the hondata itself. If you have that type of money than congrats but i know i dont.

Originally posted by FearDaGreenCivic@Nov 28 2004, 04:12 PM
Yeah and you will spend more than 8 grand just for motor, mounts,, shift linkage, axles, ecu reflashed to even run the motor and misc. stuff plus a custom intake, and then the hondata itself. If you have that type of money than congrats but i know i dont.
[post=423297]Quoted post[/post]​

There's a K20a at DSR motorsport's(Local shop) for sale for $550. It has 5k miles on it. I asked about it and they said they would do the whole swap into my EG for $4100 The CTR complete swap on hmotorsonline cost $5500 and installation will run you about $1500. So I hardly doubt that the swap will cost you 8 grand.

Originally posted by nismogod@Nov 28 2004, 06:46 PM
well, you sir, are getting a hell-of-a deal. lol.
[post=423374]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah just to make it clear The K20 for sale at the local shop is a SI motor not a CTR motor.

Not being an ass buddy i dont know you and you dont know me but i am right and you are wrong this time. You will not find a k20a for 550 dollars. Maybe a useless k20a3 but not a k20a. I will show you the links and tally up the prices for you.
k20a.jpg

click here for info And that is 5500 plus taxes and shipping.
EKK1200.jpg

info for the mounts and i know they are for an ek but i bet almost the same price and that is 639.20.
So right there is 6500 - ish. Then the ecu needs to be reflashed which isnt cheap. Then custom Shift linkage, wiring, custom exhaust, custom intake, and also add this stuff and well over 8000 with out even installation if you are doing it yourself. Here are some interesting facts you should know about your k20a swap. cLiCkY. So before you call me out research stuff buddy. I have been around hondas for the past 4 years and i hardly know it all... i consider myself still a novice but i am sure i know way more than you. So here you go Mr. 4100 dollar complete swap man. Do your research then talk. And now i want my 25 minutes of research back :D .

Originally posted by FearDaGreenCivic@Nov 28 2004, 07:00 PM
Not being an ass buddy i dont know you and you dont know me but i am right and you are wrong this time. You will not find a k20a for 550 dollars. Maybe a useless k20a3 but not a k20a. I will show you the links and tally up the prices for you.
k20a.jpg

click here for info And that is 5500 plus taxes and shipping.
EKK1200.jpg

info for the mounts and i know they are for an ek but i bet almost the same price and that is 639.20.
So right there is 6500 - ish. Then the ecu needs to be reflashed which isnt cheap. Then custom Shift linkage, wiring, custom exhaust, custom intake, and also add this stuff and well over 8000 with out even installation if you are doing it yourself. Here are some interesting facts you should know about your k20a swap. cLiCkY. So before you call me out research stuff buddy. I have been around hondas for the past 4 years and i hardly know it all... i consider myself still a novice but i am sure i know way more than you. So here you go Mr. 4100 dollar complete swap man. Do your research then talk. And now i want my 25 minutes of research back :D .
[post=423380]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah I don't know you either and Im not trying to be a ass but I work with the guy selling the K20 and have already talked to Danny at DSR motorsports and got a price on the swap. The K20 like I said has 5k miles on it and came out of my friend's SI.
So yes I can get a K20 for $550 and I probly will.

Back